PDA

View Full Version : Travellers camp on hospital landing site.

Harry O
11th Apr 2014, 09:57
Travellers block hospital landing site (sports pitch) at Brighton hospital.

Does this happen anywhere else in the country?

Hover Bovva! Travellers camp on emergency helicopter landing site | Latest News | Latest Breaking News | Daily Star. Simply The Best 7 Days A Week (http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/373866/Hover-Bovva-Travellers-camp-on-emergency-helicopter-landing-site)

Hedski
11th Apr 2014, 12:55
Just set the caravans on fire…. They'll move then!!:E

Flying Bull
11th Apr 2014, 20:45
Call in a Chinook for landing :}
That will clear the pad :O

topendtorque
11th Apr 2014, 20:55
Call in a Chinook for landing :}
That will clear the pad :O
A ploy of the Oz Fed coppers I believe in the past, especially where its nice and gritty dirt etc and involving loosely clothed hippies agitating at places like Roxby Downs (uranium mine in outback South Oz)

500N
12th Apr 2014, 06:34
Yes, and in other places in oz !

14th Apr 2014, 02:37
Satsuma - perhaps if one of your relatives was denied access to urgently required medical attention by some of these 'travellers' you might have a different opinion.

OvertHawk
14th Apr 2014, 07:11
It makes my blood boil that "travellers" and such are permitted to stick two fingers up at the system they seek to eschew when it suits them, but still run back to with their hands out or when they feel their "rights" are being violated.

The costs to society are huge and the disruption and expense to landowners is vast.

Decisive action needs to be taken (but is unlikely from any of our current politicos - hence the rise of UKIP etc).

However....

I am deeply disturbed by some of the posts, above. I am reminded of another group of individuals that described travellers (and a few other sub-groups) as less than human (their phrase was "Untermenschen" i believe). They also thought that they should be "nuked" along with their children (although they eventually settled on a different "final solution").

Capetonian and Cyclic - I would ask you to seriously consider the awful parallels that you are flippantly, i hope, allying yourself with.

On a purely practical note - the more people jump up from the extreme right advocating this kind of nonsense, the more we will be lumbered with bleeding heart lefties screaming on their behalf.

What is required is a sensible law about land occupation, a fast track eviction process and benefit system that is fit for purpose. (Rather than an ethnic testing programme and some cans of Zyclon-B).

OH

Capetonian
14th Apr 2014, 08:10
Perhaps when they behave and live like civilised humans, respect the laws and conventions of the societies of which they want the benefits without contributing, and when they respect the rights and properties of others, they may earn some consideration.

Until then, no change of my view and no apology for it.

S76Heavy
14th Apr 2014, 09:15
Agree with Capetonian c.s.; they are acting like scum so they should be treated like scum. The newspaper article is dripping with political correctness. Why?

I have not ever heard anything recount a positive encounter with these so called travelers. They do place themselves outside of civil society yet demand all the niceties of same society. They are loyal only among themselves yet demand economic loyalty from law abiding tax payers.

They are not shunned for their race or creed, but because of their criminal behaviour.

Simple fact: if law abiding citizens no longer feel protected by the law, they will eventually cease to obey the law..Better have the anger and discontent out in the open in the hope that the politicians will finally act before we reach that stage.

On topic: it is a bloody disgrace that anybody will simply set up camp and block such a landing site. I don't know how well it was marked as such but if it was clearly marked then these idiots should be prosecuted to the end of the earth. That is me speaking as a former SAR and HEMS pilot.

sentinelmed
14th Apr 2014, 11:42
This is so uncivilized and careless attitude. If they cooperate we can also and we should cooperate but if people don't behave properly, how can they expect anything good from the officials? I agree with Capetonnian completely in this case.

Evanelpus
14th Apr 2014, 12:45
Does this happen anywhere else in the country?

What, travellers pitching up on land they have no right to do so on?

Is yours a serious question, if so, where have you been for the last 30 odd years?:=

Harry O
14th Apr 2014, 14:18
Yes eVAN it was was a question?
As for your 30 year question.
Answer. Mainly on the beach but we don't get many caravans here. I think it may have something to do with the water around the private island :E

Aussiecop
14th Apr 2014, 18:28
Forgive the ignorance here from an Aussie living in the USA, but what is a "traveller"? is that some type of Gypsy minority in the UK? Not trying to be rude or facetious, just trying to understand the references from a cultural understanding perspective. Anyone blocking an emergency landing zone in my book isn't very bloody smart or considerate, but like another poster said, not sure on how clear the markings are. What perplexed me is that they stated they needed to stop for food and fuel "for a few days". Didn't make any sense to me, but I'm sure you can all fill me in.

Fareastdriver
14th Apr 2014, 18:40
At the moment in Aberdeen we have about one hundred traveller's caravans parked on recreational spaces. That is the beach cricket ground, the council youth and boys football pitches and the Don River wildlife presevation area. They have wrecked the cricket green, none of the boys league matches have been played for two weeks and two swans have disappeared.

Any green area around housing estates is barred by massive concrete blocks so as to prevent the passage of caravans, as are the car parks at the side of the DIY supermarkets north of the city.

The Kincardin golf course was visited last week. The golf course was unusable for a week until they left and is still unusabkle because of health and safety reasons. One of them being that they used bunkers as toilets and it will cost £20,000 to clean and disinfect them.

The apologisted claim the the problem would go if the council built sites for them to stay. There is one northwest of Aberdeen, noticable for its loneliness.

The caravans they use are on the £20-30 K bracket and the vehicle used to pull them are normally transit vans or trucks but often a recent model large Mercedes saloon.

When the police do investigate , which they cannot do without being accused of harassment they find that the majority of the numbers of the vehicles they investigate usually have no trace of current tax or insurance and some of them are on vehicles that the number plate bears no relation to.

There is a growing undercurrent of frustration by the citizens of Aberdeen because they seem to be affected more than most. It is quite probable that some groups are going to take the law in their own hands.

With good reason. It has been the only thing the has led to a satifactory conclusion in other places.

Peter-RB
15th Apr 2014, 06:13
To give a little insight to Aussiecop,

Travelers are the Dirt that is blown when the wind blows, they hold out their hands for all the free money our weak Governments here in the UK have decided they can have, they have a shed load of Feral Kids who break, steal and trash everything that us "Normal " folk like to have, they break into and Squat in property that is empty, once in, you cant even use any sort of force to get em out, ( nobody has yet explained that to a bloody big Alsatian or Rottweiler though) they are given succor by our manby pandy Councils who give them more classification than us normal(read house-dwellers, rate , Tax payers)
they are worse than Gypsy's and sadly have the state on their side,

Big nasty snarling dogs soon get rid of them,..

Peter R-B
Lancashire

heli1
15th Apr 2014, 08:40
Frankly the police in the UK have the powers to remove travellers immediately from any space where the travellers are preventing its legitimate use.This certainly covers a hospital helipad,football pitches where games are scheduled and similar.
The real issue is that often the police don't want to act ,either because of the resources they may need or because the travellers may simply relocate somewhere worse. Councils are also delayed.....they first have to assess the children's needs,then go to a magistrates court to get an eviction order.Unless the magistrates agree to an urgent hearing,this can take at least a week.
However on private land the landowner can act quite quickly,especially if he is a farmer and they turn up on the day he is due to muck spread on the field in question!

Capetonian
15th Apr 2014, 09:00
Tut tut Peter R-B, you'll be getting a red card from Satsuma and joining me on the naughty step!

Boudreaux Bob
15th Apr 2014, 12:22
Road Flares properly placed cures a lot of problems especially done by the Dozens!:uhoh:

"Cor Plod! I was just standing here smoking this Road Flare and admiring the view and next thing I know that Traveller over there was calling for the Fire Brigade!"

Evanelpus
15th Apr 2014, 12:43
Tut tut Peter R-B, you'll be getting a red card from Satsuma and joining me on the naughty step!

I thought he summed things up perfectly. If a ban is coming his way, I'll take some of it on his behalf!!

Well said Peter:ok:

Nail The Dream
15th Apr 2014, 17:38
Another problem is that even when action is taken to force them to
move off land they are trespassing on, all they do, eventually, is move on,
then invade somewhere else and cause havoc for the next unsuspecting community. :yuk:

They moan that the Council won't provide them with suitable sites,
and plead how hard done by they are, but do everything they can
to avoid paying a penny to any Council in the land, or any other form of Tax,
and are never required to pay to clean up the vile filthy mess they invariably leave in their wake.

Most of the TGB's I've ever had the displeasure of meeting have had prolific Irish accents,
and while they object to being called Gypsies ( the "G" in TGB ), saying "We're not Gypsies, we're Travellers",
they also object if you suggest they F*** Off and TRAVEL back to Ireland.

Nail.

satsuma
15th Apr 2014, 19:55
Has this thread got anything to do with helicopter aviation now or is it just a free for all for middle class bigots to vent their spleens against a marginalised sector of society? How very depressing.

CJ Romeo
15th Apr 2014, 20:15
I know it spoils the fun, but according to reports, when told it was an emergency helicopter landing site 'the travellers moved on immediately' to allow the landing.

Ian Corrigible
15th Apr 2014, 20:32
What condition was the aircraft in when it departed again? :E

http://www.airteamimages.com/pics/100/100715_800.jpg (http://www.aviastar.org/helicopters_eng/west_westminster.php)

I/C

Norman Deplume
15th Apr 2014, 21:33
That is funny Mr Corrigible.....ha ha:ok:

jayteeto
15th Apr 2014, 21:53
To bring it back to thread, I recently had an interesting encounter at a hospital LS, with some traveller kids.
4 x 14yr old (ish) walked out of hospital and approached cab. Strong Irish accents, something like "this is cool, let's have a look". I said no problem, just don't touch. Simple???? No.......
One just walked past me, opened the door and started to climb in!!! When challenged he just looked at me, laughed and continued. The others went to follow. That's when they got a surprise.

I ejected the first one from the cabin and dragged him away, security later admitted they were too scared of being accused of racism to assist. He was screaming obscenities and actually told me he knew his rights and that as a civil servant I was not allowed to touch him. A civil servant!!! Who taught him to say that??? I politely told him that as the captain of the aircraft, I was responsible for his safety and if he wasn't going to listen, I would have to force him.
All filmed on an IPhone 5C.
My fear was that he would bring in the cavalry, so I engaged the other lads in conversation and saved the day. I was bricking it!

Boudreaux Bob
15th Apr 2014, 23:34
I ejected the first one from the cabin and dragged him away, security later admitted they were too scared of being accused of racism to assist.

Racism?

Did I miss something or were they Black Irish?

The Security folks were just afraid the Kids would kick their fat lazy asses is what they were afraid of, not being called Racists.

TeeS
15th Apr 2014, 23:51
That's what the defibrillator is for JT - pacifist's stun gun. It will even give them a warning to stand clear before it pacifies them :-)

TeeS

parabellum
16th Apr 2014, 06:45
Satsuma - any credibility you may have had was immediately lost when you accused us of being: middle class bigots. A gross assumption that is almost certainly wrong, however well it sits with people such as yourself.

16th Apr 2014, 07:04
Satsuma, why not put your social conscience where your mouth is and invite a bunch of them to stay on your land for a while?

The urban romantic myth of the Romany Gypsy has been shattered by new generations of wasters, very few of whom have any conscience at all, social or otherwise.

jayteeto
16th Apr 2014, 08:09
Bob, welcome to Great Britain. It IS racism and they play on that, Irish is recognised as a race here.
How do I know? I was recently subject of disciplinary proceedings and court summons, accused of racism to an Irish doctor. Happy to report that the lies were recognised and I got a not guilty

Jack Plug
16th Apr 2014, 08:19
Well I think you're all very unkind. And so politically incorrect!

Especially the Hems crew. Could they not just give a cheery wave and land somewhere else? I must say as a UK tax payer, I'm glad we no longer waste money on those awful racist border controls and petty rules that keep out these charming visitors that choose to grace us with their presence adding rustic sylvan ambiance to the landscape.

When a delightful Romany group dropped by and camped on our cricket pitch I was delighted they felt they could use the crease as a toilet and churn up the grass. It was too clean and too flat as it was anyway. You should have seen the cheery face of the local shopkeeper as they urinated in his fridge. He was so pleased to give them the spoiled food instead of putting it in the bin. It would have been such a waste.

That better Satsuma? :rolleyes:

satsuma
16th Apr 2014, 09:08
Ask yourself why they behave this way. What did you do to build bridges and engage with them when they arrived?

Capetonian
16th Apr 2014, 09:11
Ask yourself why they behave this way? What did you do to build bridges and engage with them when they arrived? Let me ask you this, Satsuma.
If burglars broke into your home, what would you do to build bridges and engage with them when they arrived?
Open the drinks cabinet, cook them a nice meal, give them the key(s) to the car(s), offer them your bed (and wife?), hand over the cash and jewellery.
How kind of you.

(Please tell me you're just trying to wind us up.)

satsuma
16th Apr 2014, 09:23
Who said anything about burglars? Or are you saying that all Travellers are burglars? How kind of YOU.

Capetonian
16th Apr 2014, 09:25
No, I'm saying in this context that they are people who have no right to be on other people's property. Since you clearly want me to say it, many of them are criminals and I have no compunction in stating this.

You're not for real, are you?

air pig
16th Apr 2014, 09:27
In fact we did have have 'travellers' camped at the back of our hospital, they caught the thieving scum nicking the drinks machine out of the maternity unit.

satsuma
16th Apr 2014, 09:52
"Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding."

Mahatma Gandhi

Try reading this report. Travellers aren't demons, they're people like you and I. Do they not deserve some understanding?

https://www.rooftopgroup.org/Resources/Rooftop/Documents/The%20Forgotten%20Minority%20publication%20LR%202011.pdf

Capetonian
16th Apr 2014, 09:57
Travellers aren't demons, they're people like you and I
Speak for yourself, don't include others in your wide sweep of the brush. I don't steal, and I don't live off other people's efforts or on their property.

Most of these so-called travellers are parasitic scum.

satsuma
16th Apr 2014, 10:03
Was the five minutes it took you to reply really enough time to read that report?

air pig
16th Apr 2014, 10:38
Correct understanding in some peoples eyes is a liberal leftist statist bias, that supports the feckless and those who will not live by the norms of society.

pax britanica
16th Apr 2014, 11:23
Sadly many minority groups fail to recognise their own part in stigmatising themselves, people seldom pick on other groups for no reason at all.

i know from experience that local councils dread having to deal with the problem because of bureaucracy end possible 'consequences' .
Spending a lot of time in France they seem yo have a fairly practical solution for what they euphamistically call Gens de Voyage , which translates pretty much to travellers.

Most if not all communities have a site- in rural areas where they are welcomed at times for crop picking its usually not bad, in towns it tends to abut a motorway slip road or railway sidings.

From what our local Maire told me they make it plain that the gens are welcome but not to over stay and if there is a hint of trouble they will geta visit from the local gendarmerie and if there is further trouble the police return-except that this time they are the ones in black jump suits and paratroop boots with shaven heads and they assist the Gens with packing up and moving -both sides know the score now and it seems theres not that much trouble.

Sadly in Uk it seems being a minority allows you tog et away with pretty much anything if you are so inclined which hapopily most are not .

Boudreaux Bob
16th Apr 2014, 11:31
Sats,

Why is it the Travellers that are immune from the instructions you provide to others? After all they are the outsiders and as such should adjust to the indigenous standards of conduct exactly as you do on Holiday, right?

Or are you like a Football Lout who goes around showing foreigners the best side of British Sportsmanship when you go on Holiday?

Surely if you believe in the Reaching Out thing then it is incumbent upon the Travellers to do the reaching bit first knowing they are the outsiders.

Cabby
16th Apr 2014, 12:19
The new French prime minister has his own method for dealing with the problem.
French police call for 'systematic eviction of Roma from centre of Paris' | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2605104/French-police-provoke-outrage-calling-systematic-eviction-Roma-centre-Paris.html)
:ok:

Peter-RB
16th Apr 2014, 12:32
Good day Satsuma,

How dare you call me Middle class, you jumped up squirt, I am lower working class, as can be fully proved by working and paying tax since starting the chain gang back in 1965, in my 60th year I paid nearly £39k in taxes what did you pay? Happily people like you did not exist in those days, for we were all busy getting Britain out of the ****e and mire that the lend lease from our Bros across the pond saddled us with in order to fight and finish off the Leftist and Nazi's that created the WW2, that was all due to a then prime minister who had views like you have espoused ...who wanted to Appease the baying crowd with platitude's of thank you very much Mr Hitler. If you too had gone through the hardships of the fifties and Sixties, you would not be so ready to support the tossers and Gypo's of this world, perhaps when you have matured enough you might even understand why people like me give no quarter to people like you, or the Travellers or the Gypo's, or even people who just hold out their hand to get " somat for nowt"
Don't ever refer to anyone else as MIDDLE class, if you work for money you are WORKING CLASS, get it!!

Peter R-B
Lancashire

Capetonian
16th Apr 2014, 12:39
Was the five minutes it took you to reply really enough time to read that report? More than enough to get the gist of it. You may have noticed it was mostly pictures and graphics.

Boudreaux Bob
16th Apr 2014, 12:49
we were all busy getting Britain out of the ****e and mire that the lend lease from our Bros across the pond saddled us with in order to fight and finish off the Leftist and Nazi's that created the WW2

I am not sure an objective review of History would corroborate that statement, Pete.

As I recall we made a slight investment ourselves.

You realize we could have quite happily sat back and allowed you and the Germans to sort out that affair then dealt with the Winner as we had a slightly larger bit of Water between us and all of you.

I don't suppose our feeding you during the War mattered much either.

Wars cost money. If you cannot afford them you should not be so quick to get into them. Which is a lesson lost on American Politicians the past many decades.

Other than this part of what you said, I fully agree with the rest of it.

nigelh
16th Apr 2014, 13:00
How DARE you call me middle class ......im UPPER class and dont forget it Pleb !!

Boudreaux Bob
16th Apr 2014, 13:19
Gee, we have no "Class" on this side of the Pond.:p

Capetonian
16th Apr 2014, 13:21
Gee, we have no "Class" on this side of the Pond
Tempting, but I won't as you have punctuated correctly so your sentence is not ambiguous.

jayteeto
16th Apr 2014, 13:45
LOL. Not just travellers, a lot of modern criminals would love you to build bridges..........

Then they would steal the metal and cash it in at the scrapyards. I caught two travellers loading my driveway gates onto a flatbed truck. They said someone had called them and asked them to do it!!

Peter-RB
16th Apr 2014, 16:11
B-Bob,

Well perhaps you could have a point ..however it did take a few years for your side to find their way over here, and you did bring such stars as Gen Mark Clarke and Pistol Packing Patton,..but it did shorten the war and I am not decrying the sterling effort that your men..all of them gave to that effort, they definitely earned the respect of all the occupants of this little ole Island, including people like me who were called "Bulge Baby's"... and then we have to endure things and comment from people like Satsuma,, baring in mind I can remember my first Orange and Banana being given to me about the middle of 1952 and attending Memorial service for the Fallen including my Uncle who was killed flying a P40/1 Tomahawk courtesy of the US lend lease!!

The thing is all that effort seems to have been wasted for Europe is now calling the shots and making life hell for the majority of "Clear Thinkers" in the UK.

NigelH, Always knew you were.... after all your in "Gods County"

Come on Satsuma tell us were old farts and not worth our corn!!

Peter R-B
Lancashire

nigelh
16th Apr 2014, 16:24
Of course you are right , as ever , Peter . Lancashire is not far behind and i often look down on you as i fly over Pendle hill . ( note : clever double entendre ...)
( if you see a black 109 v low heading north its not me ....) !!

Sir George Cayley
16th Apr 2014, 19:30
Time to Travel to Jet Blast me thinks.

"...and it's goodbye to the forty foot trailer"

SGC

Gemini Twin
16th Apr 2014, 20:04
Satsuma.
What on earth is wrong with you?

Senior Pilot
16th Apr 2014, 20:14
Gents,

While we all enjoy a good bit of repartee, please tone down the personal insults otherwise this will end in tears :=

nigelh
16th Apr 2014, 20:17
That Pleb satsuma started it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Capetonian
16th Apr 2014, 20:17
What on earth is wrong with you? Nothing that a touch of reality wouldn't cure.

fatmanmedia
16th Apr 2014, 20:33
satsuma has all the hallmarks of being a troll

Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet))

The main issue of this thread is the Illegal occupation of land by Travellers, in my view if they occupy land that they do not own then they should be removed ASAP, how should they be removed is simple, a new law should be created that grants police to remove unwanted travellers without going to court.

I have land and i've had to deal with them and it's not nice to deal with them, they are a problem on the whole and it's time that a long-term solution is found.

If I was moderating this site i would have given satsuma a one month ban, but that's just me as i HATE trolls.

Fats

Harry O
16th Apr 2014, 20:45
It appears that the news about the travellers parking on the hospital landing site may have opened it up to others trying to wind the regular p-pruners up.

To mr moderator, feel free to delete the thread if you want.
Its was just a bit of news about an unusual incident at the end of the day.