PDA

View Full Version : coming to a supermarket shelf soon

troppo
11th Apr 2014, 03:28
Studies: Lab-grown nostrils, vaginas working well - World - NZ Herald News (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11236475)
:ok::}:E:suspect::D

lomapaseo
11th Apr 2014, 03:37
can anybody buy an extra one or two?

Is there an installation charge or is it a do-it-yourself?

I would be very concerned about a misalignment with existing orifices

troppo
11th Apr 2014, 04:09
bet you won't have to wine and dine that one. florists, shoe factories and chocolate makers face bankruptcy

onetrack
11th Apr 2014, 04:13
The medical term, "risk of complications", has just reached a new high. :eek:

500N
11th Apr 2014, 06:51
loma

I was going to ask the same thing :ok:

OFSO
11th Apr 2014, 08:05
Nostrils and vaginas on the same shelf ? Hope the packaging is well marked.

Resurrection of very old joke: you get the wrong one fitted.
Someone asks "what happened to your nose ?"
You answer "f*ck knows".

acbus1
11th Apr 2014, 08:14
They tried making ears from pig parts a while back, but it didn't work.

Too much crackling.

acbus1 dons coat, hat and rapidly exits stage left, wondering how long it'll be before an enlarged penis enters(?) the discussion.

Lightning Mate
11th Apr 2014, 15:29
Who needs an enlarged penis ?

There acbus1 - we've fixed it for you.

Capetonian
11th Apr 2014, 15:36
I don't want to go to Waitrose and see people picking their nostrils and their vaginas at the same time. The sights there are bad enough without that.

http://timmyhateseverything.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/fatscooter.jpeg

ShyTorque
11th Apr 2014, 16:59
I don't want to go to Waitrose and see people picking their nostrils and their vaginas at the same time. The sights there are bad enough without that.

I think that particular lady could only find her nostril without hiring in heavy hoist equipment.

Unless she was strung up by the ankles, in which case the nostril would be the problem...

So, if this idea becomes more widespread (so to speak) you could go into a shop and choose one of a bunch of ***s

Wholigan
11th Apr 2014, 20:46
And that's not Waitrose! :=

Fox3WheresMyBanana
12th Apr 2014, 00:31
you could go into a shop and choose one of a bunch of ***s

If I need such a selection, I'll go to the House of Commons

p.s. seeing that image, could we not make all high calorie processed foods 'top-shelf material'? (thus allowing such individuals' natural laziness to self-correct)

p.p.s. try googling 'fattest woman in texas' - unsurprisingly you get the same results as 'fattest woman in the world', and you'll save a few calories for saving that extra word ;)

Mac the Knife
12th Apr 2014, 06:55
There are many different ways of reconstructing a neovagina. I have probably used most of them.

This technique is interesting, but I can't see any real advantages over other modern techniques such as the Vechietti and I have my doubts about it's non-stenosing claims (the cultured epithelium has no dermis analogue). The epidermal culture step is time-consuming and expensive.

Personally, in females, I tend to prefer Singapore flaps for the lower 2/3 and full-thickness skin-grafts over a rigid perforated stent for the upper 2/3.

Bear in mind that every case is different and requires an individualised approach.

Mac

PS: Discussion of the business is made more difficult by the popular use of "vagina" for the vulva. The two are, of course quite different and quite why "vagina" has come to be used for the vulva escapes me. How then does one refer to the real vagina?

parabellum
12th Apr 2014, 07:37
How then does one refer to the real vagina?

A word rhyming with 'hunts' seems to be the popular vernacular! :}

Personally, in females, I tend to prefer Singapore flaps for the lower 2/3 and full-thickness skin-grafts over a rigid perforated stent for the upper 2/3.

That is four thirds Dr. Mac, interesting! ;)

Takan Inchovit
12th Apr 2014, 10:11
Scuse me, I would like to return this vagina please.

Oh? why would that be?

It goes sideways, dont know where it would've been made! :\

Mac the Knife
12th Apr 2014, 14:52
"A word rhyming with 'hunts' seems to be the popular vernacular."

Cnut usually refers to the vulva or else the whole kit-and-caboodle (excluding uterus and adnexa).

Bit like calling the bogie the wheels.

:bored:

Metro man
12th Apr 2014, 22:51
Does "Singapore flaps" imply a 90' angle change from European flaps ?;)

Tinstaafl
13th Apr 2014, 01:51
No. But it only costs "Two dolla!" and it will 'luv yoo lang taime!".

Lon More
13th Apr 2014, 09:40
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/q71/s480x480/10173591_636749323046299_1561452870744906487_n.jpg

Worrals in the wilds
13th Apr 2014, 11:04
The two are, of course quite different and quite why "vagina" has come to be used for the vulva escapes me. How then does one refer to the real vagina? I think it's been jointly provided by women's magazine journos and tampon companies. We were all told in the 1980s that we should be using 'real words' for the bits down there, and vagina seemed to win over vulva. Probably because none of the journos or tampon company advertising execs (how do you list that on your tax form :}) knew or cared about the difference. IMO it's a media word that's rarely used in conversation (like 'beverage', or 'prohibited'); women don't generally discuss the body part and if they do, use cute euphemisms like 'bits', 'down there' or (in recent times, among younger women) the traditional word that starts with c.

An Australian provider of such things claimed a big moral high ground about using the v word in their advertising, although the gossip 'round the advertising campfire was that they deliberately used it to make women feel uncomfortable and thus want their 'corrective' product. :uhoh: Sales are sales.

Personally I think the C word is easiest, and it's gaining favour, though not (of course) with the women's media who still largely insist on sounding like something out of an embarassing grade ten sex ed lecture. :bored:

That said, I startled a bloke in my formerly all-male workplace when he used the word inadvertently, then apologised (which was very nice of him). My automatic response was 'don't worry mate, I own one' which just made the moment more awkward :}. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Lon More
13th Apr 2014, 12:34
The "C" word?

Cuty?

Worrals in the wilds
13th Apr 2014, 12:54
That's the one :}. Or 'chick'.

cockney steve
13th Apr 2014, 19:19
'don't worry mate, I own one' which just made the moment more awkward

And doesn't hubby mind?

V2-OMG!
19th Apr 2014, 19:01
There are many different ways of reconstructing a neovagina. I have probably used most of them.

Or, if you build it they will come? :}

OFSO
19th Apr 2014, 19:32
They tried making ears from pig farts

...but only succeeded in deafening the patients to whom they were fitted !

MissPlaced
20th Apr 2014, 10:17
p.p.s. try googling 'fattest woman in texas' - unsurprisingly you get the same results as 'fattest woman in the world', and you'll save a few calories for saving that extra word

I made the mistake of googling... on the plus side, I threw up and lost a few calories. :yuk:

Krystal n chips
20th Apr 2014, 12:09
" I don't want to go to Waitrose and see people picking their nostrils and their vaginas at the same time.

Oh per lees ! One does not find such uncouth standards of clientele in Waitrose ( it's not a Chinese restaurant for goodness sake ! ) but one does encounter the pretentious, the gullible, the faux self important and others who think they own the outlet when visiting to shop.

" The sights there are bad enough without that"

I had no idea we had actually been in the same outlet at the same time !......however, the above would be me then.....happily rummaging through the "reduced items" ( one is well accustomed to the looks of contempt...from those daft enough to pay the full price to make themselves feel jolly important ) eating well as a result....and.....saving a fortune by doing so.