PDA

View Full Version : New method of arrest?

PingDit
10th Apr 2014, 12:30
It's all getting a bit sci-fi!

BBC News - Why a drone called Cupid is fitted with a stun gun (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26930644)

tony draper
10th Apr 2014, 13:17
Typical British fluffiness, a sawed off 12 gauge wi double ought buckshot up the spout is what is needed,typical of us to have stun setting on our kit.:= :rolleyes:

cattletruck
10th Apr 2014, 13:41
Typical British fluffiness, a sawed off 12 gauge wi double ought buckshot up the spout is what is needed

But then those Elfin Saftey clowns will stipulate ear muffs must be worn :ugh:

Lightning Mate
10th Apr 2014, 13:51
Where can I buy one ?

tony draper
10th Apr 2014, 17:49
Fair enough it can carry a taser but how will it hump all those sponge mats about the place.:uhoh:

PTT
10th Apr 2014, 18:15
Typical British fluffiness, a sawed off 12 gauge wi double ought buckshot up the spout is what is needed,typical of us to have stun setting on our kit.Too heavy. Electric ammo weighs much less than lead ammo.

Dubious about the flight time of those things. Most can stay airborne for no more than 15 mins or so.

tony draper
10th Apr 2014, 18:19
Be difficult to find a Holster for it as well.:rolleyes:

gingernut
10th Apr 2014, 21:57
Remembering many moons ago, piloting a C172 somewhere over Astley/Leigh, in The North West, when I suddenly noticed a blue and yellow flash beneath me. T'was known as India 99, or-The Police Helicopter. My flying instructor, not known for his liberal views towards anyone who wasn't white, middle class, male and a law abiding citizen, piped up, "The only piece of equipment that machine is missing, is a Gatling Gun." Class act was our Martin.

Here in Manchester, we have our own answer to Tazer management.... Policeman must apologise to blind man he shot with Taser | UK news | theguardian.com (http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/mar/26/policeman-apology-blind-man-taser-samurai-sword)
Policeman must apologise to blind man he shot with Taser | UK news | theguardian.com (http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/mar/26/policeman-apology-blind-man-taser-samurai-sword)

500N
10th Apr 2014, 22:02
Well if you can't follow basic sop's or instructions over the radio,
he deserves what he gets.

G-CPTN
10th Apr 2014, 22:20
The officer will be issued with a written improvement notice and be required to demonstrate specific performance improvements over a set timescale.

Lessons will be learned . . .

500N
10th Apr 2014, 22:23
Until the next time.

I am all for Tazers and using them before firearms (although the left seem to scream when guns are used and then scream when tasers are used :rolleyes:) but what gets me is Cops who can't follow basic SOP's like in the above case.

OK, you want to stay well away from a sword but Jesus, surely you can do that from a distance ????

cdtaylor_nats
10th Apr 2014, 22:41
They don't need tazers in Australia 'River of blood' after drone 'hits' Australian athlete (http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/river-of-blood-after-drone-hits-australian-athlete-20140407-zqruh.html)

SpringHeeledJack
10th Apr 2014, 23:02
The tech geeks will keep pushing the envelope, the politicians will lick their lips at the possibilities and the defence (attack) industries will provide…..Without getting all Matrix and Minority Report deluded, the future that we are drifting half-asleep towards will be 'interesting'…

SHJ

llondel
11th Apr 2014, 03:08
How long would a taser-equipped drone survive? Most people would think twice about tackling a police officer but something like that would be fair game. The local gangs would all rediscover the bolas - wrap one of those around the rotors and the drone would be scrap.

Solid Rust Twotter
11th Apr 2014, 06:28
Good luck hitting a fast moving target.

West Coast
11th Apr 2014, 07:00
Brilliant! My daughters suitors beware.

The British model will be unarmed I suppose?

PingDit
11th Apr 2014, 10:58
Adapting one for use as an airborne flamethrower could be fun!

500N
11th Apr 2014, 11:00
Instead of a flame thrower, how about one that "mists" the air with fuel to create a fuel / air bomb type and then ignite it from afar ;)

Set one of those off above protesters and they would know it !