PDA

View Full Version : Firefox oddity

Keef
8th Apr 2014, 15:03
I went this morning for my regular look at the conspiracy theories and alien abductions on the MH370 thread. The last post I could see was timed at 02:something - this was at 10am or so. I thought no more of it and went off to do other things.

I looked again at 3pm - still the same last post showing. The forum header mentioned a much later one, but Firefox wouldn't show it.

I fired up Chrome, and that happily took me to the last post in the thread.

I can't work out what in Firefox would prevent it going past a certain post in a thread. Does anyone have any ideas?

Saab Dastard
8th Apr 2014, 16:05
Keef,

I've observed that happening on a number of threads. It does seem to be a problem with Firefox. Try adding ?v=nocache to the end of the URL and reloading. If you can see the missing posts then it's the same problem.

You will also be able to see later posts by replying to the thread and scrolling down, without actually replying. Also, if you log out and view as a guest you should see all the posts.

Do you have NoScript running?

We are aware of problems on threads where a lot of posts have been deleted and / or a lot of thread bans have been implemented.

SD

Keef
8th Apr 2014, 16:47
Thanks, SD.

I went back to the thread in FireFox, with ?v=nocache already prearmed in the copy-n-paste, and the latest posts were all there.

Yes to NoScript (and to Ghostery).

Interesting!

Saab Dastard
8th Apr 2014, 17:58
Keef,

It's a problem I've raised with IB, and it seems to be confined to FF with NoScript, and to do with what is cached / not cached by the browser. IB aren't doing anything about it, as they say it's a NoScript problem.

It's not bothered me enough to research it further, other than temporarily disabling NoScript and clearing the browser cache, which cures the problem.

If I find out what in NoScript is causing the problem, I'll let you know - but don't hold your breath!

SD

Keef
8th Apr 2014, 19:30
No worries.

Knowing what it is (and it must be pretty rare), I can cope with it.

rh200
8th Apr 2014, 21:19
Just a FYI, yep its been happening a lot on this thread, I put it down to things being deleted. So on my firefox I get a lot where it either doesn't go to the next page or jumps back one. For example I can't get page 480 and 481 but am back at page 482.

So changed page number manually and paste to the end "?v=nocache" and got the correct page.

Tried loading ephiphany web browser no problem, logged in and not logged in. No problem

Also tried my Android tablet and no problem on that either.

piemanpete
12th Apr 2014, 15:30
Getting the same symptoms on Firefox and chrome, on pc and android tablet.

Imho the thread's pagination cannot keep up with the rate at which mods are deleting posts wholesale, that's all.

Every so often the pagination catches up until the next bunch of loony tunes posts needs to be culled.

Just a symptom of this forum and the mh370 thread being one of the most popular places on the www right now.

flight191
12th Apr 2014, 23:03
At least on the PC, have you tried crtl-F5? This helps to clear up cached objects sometimes.