PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for undergrad research project (it's relevant, honest!)

sprfriendlyaviator
8th Apr 2014, 11:37
Hello all,

My first post here, so go easy :) sorry that this isn't exactly a burning topic in the CC world...but I need some help. After spending a season as an FA for a European airline, I went back to university to complete my final year and I am now finishing my research project. My aim is to find out how cabin crew can be better prepared for onboard emergencies.

I've done some interviews already, but I need just a bit more information to compare it to. If you have a spare few minutes I would appreciate it if you could answer the following questions:

1) What airline do/did you fly for? (optional)

2) How long did initial training last for at that airline?

3) How well do you feel that the training prepared you to deal with onboard emergency situations?

4) How much time did you spend doing first-aid training vs. SEP training? Do you feel there was enough first-aid training?

5) Is there anything you would change, add or remove from training in order to improve it?

And finally,

6) In any emergencies you may have had, how confident did you feel that the other crew members were well trained and could deal with the situation?

I'm not looking for essay answers, just a couple of sentences for each would do (don't sweat over it!) and of course it is completely anonymous. I won't even use your forum name in my research.

Thank you to everyone in advance, this will make a huge difference to my project! :ok:

Happy flying,
Sprfriendlyaviator

TightSlot
8th Apr 2014, 12:27
Courtesy would dictate that you ask first.