PDA

View Full Version : Choose your own Registration ;)

JanetFlight
8th Apr 2014, 00:30
Welcome "2" Guernsey ...simples as that :ok:

2-REG (http://www.2-reg.com/registration)

First Airbus:

www.skyliner-aviation.de/viewphoto.main?LC=&picid=8797

dazdaz1
8th Apr 2014, 15:02
Just applied to register 2-DAZDAZ (awaiting reply) it's only for a r/c a/c but if reg goes through I might be in the market to sell the reg to to the big boys. I can see it now....MOL offering me millions.

Having said that, does it work that way?

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
8th Apr 2014, 15:36
.... er, not quite!

SpringHeeledJack
8th Apr 2014, 15:58
Those ex-USSR country folk don't miss a trick, do they ? I realise that I'm being commercially naive, but the majority of such registers seem to be full of entities seeking to obsfucate their doings :suspect:

SHJ

Hotel Tango
8th Apr 2014, 16:18
SHJ: As mentioned previously in these forums, placing a/c on the Russian register requires importation of said a/c which is very expensive. Another aspect to consider are the leasing arrangements. It could be the leasing company registering the a/c, not the operator. Nothing to do with hiding anything.

Just a spotter
8th Apr 2014, 17:25
Here in Ireland, one of my favourites was EI-EIO

:ok:

JAS

SpringHeeledJack
8th Apr 2014, 17:37
SHJ: As mentioned previously in these forums, placing a/c on the Russian register requires importation of said a/c which is very expensive. Another aspect to consider are the leasing arrangements. It could be the leasing company registering the a/c, not the operator. Nothing to do with hiding anything.

Point taken mr HT, I was more thinking of the thousands of biz jets registered amongst all the 'convenience' registers to companies within companies etc.

SHJ

JB007
10th Apr 2014, 10:12
The IOM aircraft register for a long time have managed a "holding" register for aircraft coming off lease/bankrupt airlines before placing the aircraft on its new register - it works well for all parties!

SHJ: when you make your first few million, have a serious look at these "convenient" Islands with no corporate tax or VAT for your G-V!!!

500 above
10th Apr 2014, 14:28
SHJ: when you make your first few million, have a serious look at these "convenient" Islands with no corporate tax or VAT for your G-V!!!

Don't kid yourself!

We still pay European VAT on our EU based aircraft - they have to be 'VAT imported'. The French like to check that one...