PDA

View Full Version : What is going on with THY?

Bad Robot
6th Apr 2014, 22:19
I see they are after experienced A380, B747 or B767 pilots to to fly their A330/340, yeah right......

Why are they not taking A320/321 for CCQ .......? :ugh:

GF4RCE
7th Apr 2014, 13:31
bad Robot :

The are going to start taking Non-Type rated experienced crews:
for example if you have sufficient MD-80 ..CRJ...efis type etc experience then THY will give you most likey give the B737 or A320 rating.... the 380/747/767 most likely they B777 or A330/340

i agree to some extend why dont they Hire non-typed on the narrow and ccq or transfer internally with the available resources on hand.. this way it would create a circulation flow that would please current guys wanting to go up to heavier equipment.. but thats my option .. who knows

everything changing be it at a slow pace but just a matter of time till conditions be on par with industry standards hopefully :)

Bad Robot
7th Apr 2014, 13:52
Thanks for the reply. I'm keeping my options open at the moment :)
I was curious though why they have not CCQ'd anyone from within.

sewerpiper
9th Apr 2014, 00:31
According to the email I got today, it looks like non-typed guys might have to pay for a 737 type?? Any clue as to the cost on that? I can get a 737 type here in the USA for 8K. If it's that spread out over 3 years...well that is fine. But if it's more maybe I should get typed here?

Here is what it says:

Non-type rated Captains and First Officers will sign a bond. Although it has not
yet been confirmed, type rating will be given by the Turkish Airlines and the
expenses will be cut from the pilot’s salary each month for 3 years. Turkish
Airlines will decide which fleet type you will be assigned to.

GF4RCE
19th Apr 2014, 11:02
sewerpiper
what you say does makes sense but i think (dont quote me on it ) that THY would not be acceptting to that (for now as thing are changing.. who knows in the future).
if you apply as a type rated Expat (Correct me anyone if i am wrong) they want hrs on type e.g 1000hr and last flight within the last 6mths yada yada yada.
if you come as a Non type you must have the hours on the mentioned aircraft type in addition to the last flying being within the last 6thms...

to get a type on within the USA is quick and cheaper i agree but having a applicant with 0 hrs on type that was attained from an X training organisation may not be acceptable due to policy, insurance, safety or what ever reason i don't know.. but at the end of the day Type rated and Non type rated fall in to separate categories and have separate criteria...

MichaelOLearyGenius
19th Apr 2014, 23:01
would an american TR be valid in europe?

eaglesnest1972
20th Apr 2014, 01:27
Nope, not flying EU registered acfts.

TypeIV
20th Apr 2014, 07:39
Turkey is not an EASA-member and will not be for the next decades so an ICAO-license should be fine now since they cannot find people.

safelife
20th Apr 2014, 09:58
...as Turkey isn't europe and isn't going to be!

FRogge
20th Apr 2014, 13:49
Turkey is indeed part of europe, but also part of asia

Kirks gusset
20th Apr 2014, 18:37
If you get a Type Rating in USA and attach it to your FAA Licence, that's fine, however... if you have no time on type you will be regarded as " non type rated" and have to do the rating again at THY... The jury is out on whether newbies will pay the whole type rating cost up front or whether it will be via a reducing bond..

oompa loompa
3rd May 2014, 12:39
I've just put in an application for RHS with THY, but can't find out much about the lifestyle, anyone out there able to pass an opinion?

Roster, (take home) pay, culture?

SeattlePilot
3rd May 2014, 12:57
THY recruiter just informed me that they are not going to take FAA non typed people. (In their book non typed means non typed in their aircraft, I have 3000+ hours in aircraft > 26 tons and that doesn't qualify me)

Be very careful applying to THY.. Looks like their requirements change on the fly (pardon the pun) . They just had 16-20 FAA licenced people for an assesment and now they say "no bueno" for FAA people. Yet, they are in Iran trying to recruit some more stop gap measure pilots.