View Full Version : Southafrican Licence conversion

Flyfede
6th Apr 2014, 15:15
Dear guys, i've to apply for conversion of my ICAO license in SAA license and the local CAA requires me to pass the THEORETICAL exams of AirLaw...the changed the tests in January and it's a sort of mix from EASA and FAA test...anyone has more infos or updated databased??thanks so much...

cavortingcheetah
6th Apr 2014, 18:12
Aeronav
Babcocks
FTS

Aeronav used to have a chap who'd do private brush up/differences tutorial. Expensive but good value if you want a first time pass.

All produce or produced notes.
Read through the ANRs and Notams on the CAA website.
The multiple choice questions are designed, in some cases, to be ambiguous. In other instances they are so easy you can knock off the paper in 35 minutes.
It is not a joke though.

unstable load
11th Apr 2014, 13:18
Get hold of one of the multitude of schools and sit in on the course, write and pass the exam and job done.
Just ensure they have the course approved on their list.

Magnate
13th Apr 2014, 12:06
Sat the CPL air law paper last month. 80 questions. Download the syllabus from the CAA website, and go over the elements. I used Avex books as reading material and the answers were direct quotations from the book-especially the law part

stillpilot
14th Apr 2014, 12:53
Hello
Any informations about work permit in South of Africa..?
After getting or converting an EASA to south of African license, is it still possible to be quite eligible for a job?
Thank you

ct2003
14th Apr 2014, 16:16
Unfortunately, forget about getting a work permit there. You need exceptional skills. Not easy to proof as they have loads of well trained young pilots down there.