PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet MPL 2014 OAA/CTC

Pages : 1 [2]

cky88
3rd Jul 2014, 01:41
Is anyone else starting OAA in September?

BigOllyG
3rd Jul 2014, 12:09
I hope so Clarkson but I haven't heard a thing yet, I might give them a call tomorrow to check they haven't emailed me and I haven't received it as this happened during the application process. I'm not sure if any one has received a rejection from stage 3 yet, normally I would say the longer the wait the better but if no-one has had a rejection from stage 3 yet then I don't think the length of time is a good sign. Good luck all still waiting!!! Tense times!

Stage5
3rd Jul 2014, 13:11
Quick question. For those unsuccessful at the OAA stage, was any feedback offered? After all you did pay for it.

CAE Oxford Aviation Academy Oxford’s Skills Assessment process is designed to identify those individuals most likely to succeed in our APP First Officer Course and then into a professional flying career. Selected candidates will spend the day in our Airline Careers and Assessment Centre at Oxford Airport undergoing a series of tests using specifically developed and validated methodologies and tools. Candidates will also be free to speak to instructors, students, and staff as well as tour the training facilities.

The day will consist of the following tests:

Pilot Aptitude:

Computer based testing
Technical test
Personality profiling
People skills, character, commitment and flexibility:

Teamwork exercises
Competency based interviews
Comprehensive debrief and feedback
Offer of a place to successful candidates

So if you paid for it, I would demand you get what you paid for. Especially if they gave the check to make you pay to re do the same Assesment for APP FO.
Perhaps this is a small insight into how OAA is run these days under the CAE umbrella?

AnArChYm
3rd Jul 2014, 13:13
No mate they wont give you any feedback if you have did COMPASS tests for a mentored programme. They only do it for their own integrated courses, I know it's a shame afterall.

Stage5
3rd Jul 2014, 13:25
Hence the importance of submitting a 'Subject Access Request'. It is simply not fair to charge for feedback and fail to provide what has been paid for. Clearly things have been stripped to the bone in Oxford.

Find out how to request your personal information | ICO (http://ico.org.uk/for_the_public/personal_information)

Should you have progressed to the final EZY stage, they are required to hold onto your records for a period of 12 months.

UK ATOs have been exploiting ignorance of the UK Data Protection Act for some time now, hoping new potential cadets will not want to 'rock the boat'. Charging for Assessment, failing to provide a listed service and then re charging are frankly exploitation schemes.

What time limit was set to reapply for APP FO? Are you required to wait a certain period of time?

LastPastthePost
3rd Jul 2014, 14:06
I think the majority of people were given a phone call to be told they were successful, which was a nice touch!

For those that got rejected, I feel for you. Rejection is part of life though, how you respond to it is something you can bring up in future selections. Being rejected and bouncing back shows determination to be a pilot. The two guys I met at Gatwick for my medical had been rejected twice for the FPP, but had succeeded on their final attempt.

For those that failed on the compass tests, I found sharpening up on Maths and physics helped me for those sections. Studying for the ppl exams also helps as you learn aviation physics, which is what the test is based on.

For those that failed on the interview. In my view the most important part of the interview is showing you have the motivation to train to be a pilot and the motivation to work for the company. Demonstrating both of these with real examples will help. Ie getting to solo in a piston plane or glider shows this isn't a flash in the pan. Have rock solid competency answers for teamwork, leadership, communication and motivation helps too..

In my experience the group exercises can be a lottery, but bringing people into the conversation (though not as blatantly as calling them out by name!) , listening, summarising and making sure the objective is achieved are all important.

Good luck, the preparation for your next selection starts today!

goosemaverick
4th Jul 2014, 08:17
Interesting, I see CTC have re-opened for applications! Curious - can only assume Easyjet need more?

fumap
4th Jul 2014, 11:12
More probable that they didn't find 36 valid candidates for the EZY MPL in the first batch of selection. So reopening to fill all the available spaces.

About OAA feedback to unsuccessful candidates, actually i'm sure i read somewhere in the EZY MPL site that was not possible for them to give extensive feedbacks to every single candidate. Even if this sounds bad i'm sure this is more connected to the amount of applications received and candidates assessed.

Stage5
4th Jul 2014, 11:28
If they have stated that they will not provide feedback, then so be it. Still sad to see that they will not commit resources to provide feedback. A sad change from the past. That said it appears all the major ATOs are the same these days.

None the less for those who do want to obtain information of the assessments made of them (interview write up/scoring etc) a mechanism does exist.

Still I am interested what time interval was specified by both ATOs (or perhaps it is just CAEOAA) before attending another selection, either for an airline scheme or in general.

Call it curiosity, but I am interested too see if previous limits on re applications still exist these days.

handyman101
4th Jul 2014, 22:37
Just a quick plea for help. Anybody who was on the red team at the CTC easyJet MPL selection on 04/07/2014, please would you be kind enough to PM me with any potential notes you might be able to provide on how I approached my group tasks? Still recovering from the blow of not gaining the chance to interview, disappointed does not cover it!

Best of luck to all of you still in the process.

rivet squeezer
6th Jul 2014, 21:31
Hi everyone.

Out of interest how many people that have applied have got mortgages? Or even better has anyone reading completed the easyJet MPL whilst having a mortgage?

I really want to apply but am worried I would not be able to get the funding as I already have a mortgage and would need to make use of the full loan amount. My partner would be willing to cover the mortgage payments during training (while I obviously would not be earning) so that's not an issue and I would be able to secure the loan over another property. My main concern is the fact that by having a mortgage I already have a large debt and that this would go against me.

Surely all the guys/gals that go through these MPL schemes are not young, free whippersnappers without any other commitments? Would be interesting to hear from anyone in the same situation.

(Sorry if I should have started a new thread but thought this might be relevant here. Mods feel free to move if you disagree):ok:

VeronicaM
7th Jul 2014, 08:00
Hi everyone,

quick question, if we let say fail to qatar wings and have to wait 6 months to reapply, are we free to apply to EZY scheme or any other sponsored program during that time ?

vne10
9th Jul 2014, 05:51
I'm in a similar position to you with a mortgage and finance that my wife will be taking care of whilst I'm hopefully doing the training. I put in the application to BBVA also for the full amount so fingers crossed.

It's hard to say exactly how much weight they put on existing income, guarantor's income or existing debt... in theory as this is the easyJet MPL and not an untagged scheme I presume these things are less important than the normal untagged route as we're pretty much guaranteed a job straight away. That's what I'm hoping anyway! We shall see!

Well done to all those that got through and keep trying if you didn't quite make it. Also good luck to those awaiting finance decisions!!

BigOllyG
10th Jul 2014, 15:10
Hi, I got the good news this morning!!! Starting the EasyJet MPL in September (providing the medical goes as smoothly as I hope it will).

Really looking forward to meeting all you others starting then, all the best to the guys that didn't make it this time hopefully see you next year!!!

LastPastthePost
10th Jul 2014, 15:37
Congrats BigOllyG, after much hard work a very shiny Orange Airbus awaits you.

I take it your still with Oxford?

I held off celebrating until I passed the medical. They test you on such a wide range of things that I was worried I would have some minor defect which would stop me, but I was lucky..

rivet squeezer
10th Jul 2014, 18:54
Vne10,

Congratulations with your place on the scheme and thanks for the reply. I would have presumed the same as you, as you are on a tagged scheme a mortgage may not be such a big issue (assuming you have a good credit rating etc). Perhaps the lender would want you to prove that you could afford the repayments on any money owed if you were to drop out for any reason.

Good luck with the loan application, would be interested to hear the outcome :ok:

Also congrats to all who have been accepted so far and good luck to everyone going through the application and assessment process!

sosu89
15th Jul 2014, 04:52
All,

Anyone attended yesterday's event for phase 2 and 3??? How was the outcome??? Any feedback on what was asked and done???

Did they advised why CTC reopened for easyjet?? Did the chosen candidates from April drop their acceptance or easyjet is requesting more pilots???

Cheers

BigOllyG
15th Jul 2014, 12:08
Hi all I've set up a group on Facebook to get to know the September starters. It's called 'Oxford aviation academy - September 2014' (very original I know) thought we could sort out accommodation and the like. If your interested join it. Look forward to meeting you all and good luck to those awaiting responses.

G-F0RC3
15th Jul 2014, 14:35
Congratulations Olly - well deserved.

Good luck with your training. :)

Wonderland1
16th Jul 2014, 08:15
Hi all,

Very much in keeping with Olly's comment above. I have created a group on fb for any starters in November, hoping to get some people together for accommodation etc. Happy to be messaged on here too. Group is called: OAA - easyJet MPL November 2014

sosu89
16th Jul 2014, 17:54
It seems that on this forum the majority chose OAA. What are the main difference between OAA and CTC?

Would appreciate your comments?

Cheers

Danny212
16th Jul 2014, 19:29
Likewise with the guys above, I've created for all those starting on Aug 1st at OAA. Regardless of which airline/course.

Search on Facebook: Oxford Aviation Academy - August 2014

:)

reeko
18th Jul 2014, 15:18
I'm really interested in this scheme especially since it has 'extended for a limited time'. After working closely with EZY crrew as part of my job I am deeply considering this route as they all say its the only nowadays.

But, is there anyone out there that can tell me the timescales from applying to start date? And how does finance work - do you have to get it approved before you apply or after you get the 'welcome aboard.. ahem money please' email??:sad:

P.s do you think this scheme will re-open next year if I cannot commit this year?

Sorry for all the questions.......

G-F0RC3
18th Jul 2014, 15:35
What do you mean by “it’s the only nowadays”? The only what? :confused:

From looking through this forum it seems the process is very rapid from applying to being given a start date. A matter of a month or two if I’m not mistaken.

The finance will be sorted after you are accepted onto such a programme. Up until that point the assumption is that you've considered the finances carefully and are able to raise the funds.

I think this programme will open again next year, but who knows for certain?

:ok:

fumap
18th Jul 2014, 16:19
G-F0RC3 said everything right!

About the timeline from application to the call from the academy, we are talking of few months. In my case 3 months from application to their call. This depends on number of applicants, number of available assessment dates and number of places but it's safe to assume that it will not be much different from time to time.

reeko
18th Jul 2014, 16:49
Well they tell me that nowadays integrated schemes with one of the 3 major schools is the only way into the cockpit! Which I ind hard to believe. G-F0RC3 I know from following your posts that you've got onto the FPP I was not so successful but it seems that the only way is a cadetship or pay for it.

Thanks for the details for the timeline. I'll have to keep my fingered crossed for next year. Is there hope that this is going to run for x amount of years?

G-F0RC3
18th Jul 2014, 18:57
Oh I see. I thought you meant that Easyjet was the only way. :p

I don't believe that a tagged scheme is the only way, but it's certainly the fastest and least risky. However, it's also the most competitive.

I'm not sure on Easyjet's plans for recruitment over the next few years, but I don't imagine they'll satisfy all of their requirements on this intake. Speculation of course, but time will tell... :)

orp131
27th Jul 2014, 15:55
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone with experience has gone through the easyjet sim assessment in the last couple of months and knows what to expect??

Thanks,

pegasus617
30th Jul 2014, 23:14
Ben1 I'm also starting in September, have you had much word off of CTC yet? Haven't had a great deal of info from them...

MrLeapYearBoy
5th Aug 2014, 18:39
Hi Pegasus617 and Ben1, I'm also starting with CTC in September. How have you guys found the BBVA application process?

Sampepper93
8th Aug 2014, 16:58
I'm starting in Sept with CTC

AdrienT06
1st Oct 2014, 11:15
Hi!
Is it compulsory to have less than 85 hours of flight to apply for the easyjet MPL programme (I've read that in OAA website) ? And is it the same for other airlines ?

Chappers_13
12th Nov 2014, 11:02
Anyone applied to this in the newly opened window? Also a question to those who were unsuccessful in the summer... was there a period in which you were told you could not reapply?

Rachelmac1984
12th Nov 2014, 21:47
Applied to both CTC and OAA in last few weeks. Heard straight back from CTC, just have to book in for next stage interviews and aptitude tests etc. Have heard nothing from OAA after 9 days! Personally I'd prefer Oxford after visiting and feedback I've heard from previous students of both so am waiting with baited breath.

Chappers_13
13th Nov 2014, 00:47
I've only applied to OAA and havn't heard anything either (in fairness its only been a couple of days). Seemed like others from earlier on this year in this thread didn't hear back from OAA for a while too. Having said that they want stage 2 to be done by late Nov/Dec so I don't expect to be waiting for that long!

P_Flan
18th Nov 2014, 14:58
Hi, I passed the general OAA assessment day in August and have just applied to the easyjet MPL scheme starting in June 2015 as well. I have just been told i am through to the second stage which is the compass tests and can either use my score from August or sit them again but they will only take one set of results.

So i know my first set of results scored 37/42 but have nothing to gauge this against. Have previous applicants any advice wether or not they were successful with higher/lower scores?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

fly_surfbeach
24th Nov 2014, 09:17
Anyone willing to share there experience with BBVA. Advice please.

trtj
27th Nov 2014, 11:35
Anyone who applied for the mpl at Oxford....Did I fundamentally miss something or was the application very odd indeed, no basic questions?! Help!

sam808
14th Dec 2014, 05:48
Am I missing something here, but it seems if you do the MPL with CTC you get £69,000 back, whereas this isn't the case with OAA. I can't see why anyone would go to OAA when surely they are equally as hard to get into since it is an easyjet standard that you have to meet regardless of the school.

trtj
17th Dec 2014, 10:02
Has anyone who did stage 2 at Oxford heard back yet?

AnArChYm
17th Dec 2014, 10:08
It seems that oaa have reopened their applications till 9th January. So maybe they are waiting until all assessments are done before phase 3.

Ezympl
2nd Jan 2015, 07:35
Good luck to those applying this year. I made it onto the program this year and I am in ground school.

The easyJet backing is superb, we get monthly visits from liaison pilots and have also had visits from the head of pilot training and the head of recruitment. They are also working through the logistics of offering jump seat rides to the MPL students.

The ground training from the Oxford Instructors is also very good, some have done hundreds of courses so are very experienced.

The only things to watch out for are:

EasyJet and Oxford have very high standards, quite a few Cadets dont make it through ground school (4 last year?) and some drop out during flight training. If you fail an EASA exam, its possible you will lose your place on the course. With the Flight training, you are being constantly monitored to make sure you are progressing as they expect at that point in the training. If you are struggling its very obvious and as the flight training is condensed it might not be possible to catch up.

The big concern at the moment is that parc and Oxford are putting cadets into bases that are hard to fill otherwise. I believe on the last 3 courses that have left Oxford, all the cadets have been sent to either Portugal or Spain and are locked in there for 24 to 36 months. The downside to this is that the pay is 50 GBP per hour in the UK and 50 EUR per hour in the continent (although for Portugal the local laws say you need to be permanent, so you are on a salary from day 1 there). I didn't look into the CTC EZY MPL, however they gaurantee a UK base. If that is important to you, it might sway the decision on which to apply to.

Good luck with selection..

Googolpleb
8th Jan 2015, 03:18
Hey guys, this is my first airline application (currently a PPL student) so I've been rather excited to be invited to the Stage 2 assessment day with Oxford and have booked for the 20th Jan. (Anyone else?) Can you confirm that the day only consists of the computer based testing (maths, physics, personality profile, etc) and there is no interview or group task until Stage 3? Seems a little odd to me that some of this couldn't have just been done online and used to narrow down the candidates and save everyone a load of monies? :hmm:

Anyway, the only part I'm a little apprehensive about is the mental maths; it's never really been one of my strong points, although I got a B at GCSE and C at A Level so it's not exactly a lost cause. To those who made it through stage 2 (congratulations :8), how many of you relate to this and how many just sail through it with confidence? I'd love to know, thanks!

Look700c
21st Jan 2015, 19:05
Does anyone know how many cadets EasyJet are planning to take on in the recently opened application window? Made it through for an interview with OAA and easyjet and I'm just curious. There was only two assessment days available and it said 'x out of 18 spaces available' when I booked so a total of 36 through to this final stage?

Airbus Airhead
22nd Jan 2015, 07:08
I believe Oxford want 30 and CTC want 36. Everyone will know if they have been invited to the next Oxford phase by Friday. That's what the assessor said anyway :D

Look700c
22nd Jan 2015, 07:25
Cheers. They're fairly good odds if those numbers are right. The dream is still alive!

Chappers_13
22nd Jan 2015, 18:40
I'd imagine all those invited to stage 3 would have been informed by now though as it would give some more prep time for it than others? :ugh:

Student9
25th Jan 2015, 14:36
Anyone attending the assessment at Luton next week?

Look700c
26th Jan 2015, 09:41
So as I understand there is no bond or repayment when training on the EZY MPL scheme with OAA so £100k is gone then on employment you'll hopeful get a salary.

If you were to go through CTC ATPL scheme, yes no job guarantee, but £69k of the £89k is a bond that will be repaid eventually.

So it's a a choice between very expensive with a job at the end or expensive with no job guarantee. I've seen lots of conflicting views on the CTC hold pool but this price difference is surely worth considering the CTC route?

Anyone have any first hand experience of either route and if you think you chose wisely?

reeko
26th Jan 2015, 12:14
Look700c, Are you referring to the OAA and CTC EZY MPL route or comparing the OAA EZY MPL to the CTC (self sponsored) Wings route?

Look700c
26th Jan 2015, 12:29
OAA Easyjey MPL vs CTC Self sponsored Wings

Obviously decision may be made for me if not selected on one of the routes but just trying to get as much info as possible so if a choice has to made I can be confident I've made the right one.

Though looking at a cadet salary thread there may not be much difference in the end...?

michael12345
30th Jan 2015, 08:54
Anyone got through????

As24
30th Jan 2015, 15:22
Would also be keen to know how many of the final 36 got through today!

Student9
27th Feb 2015, 21:46
Anyone on EZMP08?

Alexruk1
4th Mar 2015, 21:56
I am! New Zealand for Ground School as well!