PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Logbook

WhyGen
6th Apr 2014, 06:35
Hi All,

Wondering what the general consensus was these days for electronic logbooks.
Are most airline pilots using them? If so, which is the best one to get?

I'm aware of CASA's requirements regarding binding of logbooks.

Cheers.

Transition Layer
6th Apr 2014, 10:55
LogTenPro all the way. (Not that I've used anything else).

iPhone, iPad, Mac/PC. And now they all sync with each other through the 'cloud'...gold :cool:

LongLats
6th Apr 2014, 12:10
LogTenPro all the way

Damn that looked awesome till I got to the price. Yikes.

deadcut
6th Apr 2014, 12:38
Try an excel spreadsheet. Upload it to google docs and you are sorted. Unless you need to buy excel then it's free.

GF4RCE
6th Apr 2014, 13:59
if you want functionality with not alot of Eyecandy safelog is an alternative been using them for years..very powerful regular updates and very good customer service well

Capt Claret
6th Apr 2014, 22:18
+1 for LogTen Pro.

It might be expensive but a lot of work has gone into its development. :ok:

Homesick-Angel
6th Apr 2014, 23:03
Another for logten.

Being able to quickly see totals, and get warnings when things are about to expire is good, but depending on how many hours you have, it will take a while to plug it all in first time.!

WhyGen
7th Apr 2014, 00:43
Thanks for all of your feedback guys. I have 14,000 hours so I'm assuming I won't have to transfer each individual entry from my paper logbooks.
It does sound like Logten Pro is the one to go for.

Thanks again.

Will IB Fayed
7th Apr 2014, 02:59
iPhone, iPad, Mac/PC
As far as I can see, it's not available on PC (Windows), which is the kicker for me: Why isn't LogTen Pro Available for Windows (and other platforms)? / Common Questions & Answers (All Devices) / Knowledge Base - Coradine Aviation Support (http://help.coradine.com/kb/common-questions-answers/why-isnt-logten-pro-available-for-windows-and-other-platforms)

Safelog is available on all common platforms and syncs between devices.

das Uber Soldat
7th Apr 2014, 08:14
Mines free and does everything logten does, as far as I know and then some! Built more for instructors, it still features all the bits.

Screw paying for a logbook.

https://mega.co.nz/#!0s5mgbDb!UbjsHLAVFdghmDjltyZbwQa7v23dwFwpJKF6zf5T3_s

tmpffisch
7th Apr 2014, 08:24
Keep it simple and free, and use excel. You can then customise it whichever way you require, rather than being limited by the software developers. Most pilots have the intellect to extract most of its basic features, let alone the more complex ones.

Main issue I had with Safelog was they don't understand Australian rules so their data is invalid; let alone the price.

ProProp
7th Apr 2014, 12:19
I use an iPad app called Australian Pilot Logbook. It is only $29.95 and comes with all the goodies - it will let you know when any approaches / night take-offs or landings, medical, instrument time, IR etc etc are about to expire. It backs everything up on icloud and is very simple to use, it even has the option to save favourite sectors and co-pilots if you are flying multi-crew.

From memory, you can get a free version but it is limited to aircraft (I think).

Well worth it.

sleeve of wizard
7th Apr 2014, 13:31
If you're not willing to pay for log ten pro, wait till it's on special (which is quite often).
It will do everything you want of it and more.:D:ok::ok: