PDA

View Full Version : ADB-S receiver for India

theAP
3rd Apr 2014, 13:56
I am tempted to use above and it will be a fun to track flights going in sky BUT--
*Do one needs to obtain any license to use such receivers in India from government?See the real problem is when some authority ask you why the hell you are tracking flights in sky, real problem arises and this happens in India in many cases when authority is absolutely blank on such subject(s) and in such cases you have to prove that what you are doing is as a hobby and absolute legal stuff.
*From where one can get 'em?
I think this forum the right place to ask this query as I failed to find any information by searching internet.
Thank you!

VT-ASM
4th Apr 2014, 08:17
It is ADS-B.

Try flightradar24.com. You can buy a receiver from them. If you are located in one of the areas where they require coverage, You can get one for free...

Regards

theAP
4th Apr 2014, 11:25
Dear VT-ASM
I know and they have offered me a free set but my point is it legal to keep here because I don't want any troubles afterwards. If you have any such supported link of concern authority kindly share.
It is indeed a headache to argue with authority when they know nothing in this subject and treat you as a suspected person after you install ADS-B receiver at your premises.:{

mikmysore
2nd Jul 2015, 09:34
its illegal

British plane spotters arrested in Delhi for indulging in an aviation friendly activity - Update 2 - Bangalore Aviation (http://www.bangaloreaviation.com/2010/02/british-plane-spotters-arrested-in.html)

scroll down to comments to read a reply from the author

I recently requested a receiver from fr24 they sent me one, but its detained by customs, please let me know if you faced any trouble [email protected]