PDA

View Full Version : Viewing from Manchester Airport car parks

arthur harbrow
2nd Apr 2014, 09:49
Can you still view from any of the car parks at Manchester?
Thanks for any information.

Skipness One Echo
2nd Apr 2014, 11:05
Yup, no issues from the top deck over looking T2.
Unlike LHR where they really,really,really,really,really,really think you're a terrorist.

Hotel Tango
2nd Apr 2014, 11:05
Home - Manchester Airport Spotting (http://manchesterspotting.t83.net/#/t1-multi-storey/4532942901)

arthur harbrow
2nd Apr 2014, 18:20
Thanks for that.I had cause to pick my daughter up from Gatwick a few weeks ago, arrived a tad early, took binoculars out to have a look and was promptly informed I could be in BIG trouble.

Hotel Tango
2nd Apr 2014, 18:57
For info, it's the car park security people who create problems at Gatwick. Had a problem with them some years ago whilst sitting in my car watching the arrivals waiting for my wife to arrive! Told by security to drive off or leave my car and go into terminal. My sin was that I had a pair of binoculars. I replied that I was a paying customer and I had every right to remain in my car. They threatened me with calling the police and I invited them to go ahead. The police and I had a very interesting chat and they fully agreed with my right to remain in my vehicle. However, as it's their property, NCP (or whoever it is at LGW) have the right to have me and my vehicle removed. The police had absolutely no problem with me looking at aircraft on approach from my car but the car park security did!

arthur harbrow
3rd Apr 2014, 15:19
HT, yes these people were car parking attendants at LGW.I could not be bothered to argue, so just made my way to the terminal.
Thanks for help.