PDA

View Full Version : Advice wanted for charity flying

Rotor Nut
18th May 2002, 15:08
I have been asked if I want to get involved with raising money for charity - the idea is for a small village fair (or similar) to offer 10 minute charity flights for joe public in a Robinson R44.

My understanding is that this is not permitted on my PPL (I would venture its for CPL only!). I normally only offer flights to friends etc paying their share. This request to me seems to be well out of bounds for all sorts of reasons (licence restrictions, low flying regs, insurance, need for ground crew etc).

Ever keen to keep strictly safe, within the law and within the limitations of my PPL, my gut reaction is to say NO.

Any of you guys got any constructive advice....

The Nr Fairy
18th May 2002, 17:00
Rotor Nut :

Check here (http://www.ais.org.uk/uk_aip/pdf/aic/4W020.pdf) for the AIC which has lots of details about the rules around charity flights. Hope that helps.

Rotor Nut
18th May 2002, 17:21
Thanks NF - thats just the sort of document I was looking for.
I found another document too - exempting charity flights from aerial work.

Having read the AIC I can't comply - I don't have enough PIC hours... but thanks for locating the info.

whoateallthepies
19th May 2002, 19:46
Rotor Nut

Which charity is to benefit?

Rotor Nut
20th May 2002, 18:05
Sorry, don't know the charity details - didn't get that far in the conversation - thought it best to check the position first..