PDA

View Full Version : Thank You

ChrisVJ
30th Mar 2014, 02:47
To the unidentified Brit who brought a 500gm pot of Marmite to Whistler, apparently decided they weren't going to use it and put it on Craig's list.

Mrs VJ saw it because we were putting our removed windows on CL, and went and bought it.

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you.

ChrisVJ

TomJoad
30th Mar 2014, 13:47
How is the prohibition going, I hear Irn Bru is on the list as well. Is there any evidence of a revival of the "speak easy":p

ChrisVJ
31st Mar 2014, 05:19
I went in to Walmart last week and they had restocked with Marmite. I bought all four, just in case. You can't get the big jars here at all and the small ones are mostly $5.00. There has been no further word if the import thing is an issue or not.

At $10.00 the big one was a no brainer. If there's going to be a shortage I'm good for a couple of months!

The soft drink I have no idea about, Sorry, don't drink soft drinks or energy drinks at all.

ChrisVJ
6th Apr 2014, 03:42
On local Yahoo today.

The owner of the store that had its import cargo refused by the CFIA (Can Food Inspection Agency,) is closing all three shops. His latest consignment was |selected for' random' inspection holding it up indefinitely and other suppliers have refused him supplies because they fear retaliation and disproportionate inspection by the CFIA. (According to him.)

A spokes person for the CFIA uttered the usal meaningless platitudes.

acbus1
6th Apr 2014, 07:52
I'd have thought you could get Marmite on the 'black' market.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRre8qic9ZaKJT9MsjpAZl6LZDfsUHaLV3LrYGz_uF 5hctiExI4Tg

Avoid the Stock Market at present; the spread isn't big enough.