PDA

View Full Version : Bankrupt flight schools

Fredloretta
18th Nov 2001, 01:00
Anybody out there care to join me in contacting www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog (http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog) regarding flight training schools that go into administration with students' paid fees?!
I understand that in Australia training providers must place student fees into trustee accounts by law. May this become a requirement in the UK.

TOT
18th Nov 2001, 02:04
ANY NOMINATIONS FOR J**** T** FROM EGBJ TO BE INCLUDED?

Midland Maniac
18th Nov 2001, 03:53
i might!! if you think that it will make a difference. Not sure that they will run a story on it though!

higher
18th Nov 2001, 17:02
ive just been burnt by aldergove flight training going bust with around 40 other students now theres a story and a half

SNIFF R404a
19th Nov 2001, 23:43
Good idea, Pork Pie, enough publicity at this time could be just what is needed so that some other poor blighters like myself and Higher dont get ripped off by the likes of K.H.

As higher says, there is a story and a half relating to AFTC in Belfast with all sorts of "quare shenanigans" going on; I can only assume that there are similar stories throughout the country.

count me in.

SNIFF R404a
19th Nov 2001, 23:49
Good idea, Pork Pie, enough publicity at this time could be just what is needed so that some other poor blighters like myself and Higher dont get ripped off by the likes of K.H.

As higher says, there is a story and a half relating to AFTC in Belfast with all sorts of "quare shenanigans" going on; I can only assume that there are similar stories throughout the country.

Count me in.

The final front-ear with captain Slog ;)

Polar_stereographic
20th Nov 2001, 14:29
Not wishing to put a damp squid on it, but looking at it from your point of view, who are you looking to hold accountable for this? TV likes to have a baddie at the end of it.

I suspect the proprietors are long since gone, so I suspect the answer is the Belgrano.

Well, browsing back through the archives there are load of threads lining up torpedoes to sink her, but somewhere along the way they all seem to fizzle out.

All I'll say is that you should not expect too much from this.

PS (flame proof hat firmly on now)

Ispy002
25th Nov 2001, 19:52
Just a thought, but will you be doing GA any favours? Flight training is a risky business and if you pay cash up front then you run a risk. Go ahead and expose the story but think about how your bank manager will react next time you ask for a loan for flight training. Or how anyone will react if you decide to become a flight instructor. be careful where you aim that torpedo it could sink you.