PDA

View Full Version : Pasting in Hotmail on a tablet.

G-CPTN
27th Mar 2014, 21:22
I have bought a Medion E7318 tablet from ALDI.
I can access my Hotmail account and read/delete emails.
When I compose a message I can't find out how to paste a copied URL.

On my laptop there are icons along the top of the compose page - but these don't appear - it's just a keyboard.

I presume that similar situations apply to other tablets (I don't know what OS but it seems to promote Google).

Any ideas?

Edited to add:- OS Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.

mixture
28th Mar 2014, 11:42
I presume that similar situations apply to other tablets (I don't know what OS but it seems to promote Google).

Doesn't apply to Apple iOS.... copy/paste works perfectly fine. :cool:

snorton
28th Mar 2014, 13:51
I think its just that you don't know which gesture to use, as it is hard to explain in words, you should just google it. There's surely a manual or somenthing for copy/paste on Android tablets:)

KBPsen
29th Mar 2014, 10:19
Long press in the message box and icons appear at the top to cut and paste.

Top tip: Disregard one dimensional fan boys.

henry_crun
1st Apr 2014, 20:11
What KBPsen said, and this:

You may be able to use hotmail either via the app or using the pc version. This may be switched in the menu, top right, 'request desktop site', or at bottom of hotmail app page.

If you go for the pc version you really need to hook in a mouse via an otg adapter.

Getting back from pc version to app may be difficult, if all else fails do a restart.

piemanpete
12th Apr 2014, 15:54
Just press the screen where you want to paste and the word 'paste' will appear. Press that and it's done. If 'paste' doesn't appear it's because you didn't copy/cut properly.

I find all this much easier with a woven fibre-tipped stylus, incidentally.