PDA

View Full Version : Secure Printing

gofer
18th May 2002, 06:13
H E L P !

Does anybody remember from the dim and distant past a product that allowed one to print an original that Could NOT be photocopied.

Seem to remember that it came from Burroughs or Univac (yes that old) and that it was either special paper or special ink or a combination of both. It was suggested for machine generated cheque printing and, if photocopied, it blanked out the document....i.e.: self distructed the printing.

I have an application concerning registration documents and intellectual property, that are being cloned at the registration authority and I need such a solution, to prove them at fault.

All help gratefully accepted ... Post here or mail me

MasterGreen
18th May 2002, 06:25
Blue Paper does this nicely. The original can be a sod to read in bad light, but photocopiers have even more trouble with it.

Not a really dark blue or you can't read it at all. About the tone on the top bar of these message screens.

The only caviate is that this is years old info. I haven't bothered to try it on a modern copier. But the principle should still hold.

MG

gofer
18th May 2002, 06:50
Yes we've tried playing with the background colours a bit, but the registration authorities don't like us going further that a cream as white is all they understand or usually accept

Any other old phogies out there with computer memories of the past