PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Pic

Dak Man
26th Mar 2014, 00:37
This is Richard Quest "aviation expert: from CNN with the co jo from MH370. No idea if it's real or fake, looks real though.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJINm2-tkFgn_VCn_vkrfAl5FTtamh3yvPFPXsLvCoyNL8DizoPA

finfly1
26th Mar 2014, 01:04
Probably authentic, as this event was referenced in another thread (with twelve and a half million hits) on this website.

Dak Man
26th Mar 2014, 01:22
The one I'm banned from.....

tartare
26th Mar 2014, 06:43
Aviation expert - yeeeees :rolleyes:
He's about as bloody expert as Geoffrey Thomas.
Lazy media organisations who can't even be bothered to find someone who's actually done the job to comment...

BOAC
26th Mar 2014, 08:47
Dak Man -- just log in as a guest or a different user ie do not log in as Dak Man and you can read all 'banned' threads.

awblain
26th Mar 2014, 11:39
Richard Quest? An expert on travel? I guess he's stayed in lots of hotels.

That is the standard web picture of the First Officer.
It's usually cropped to make Mr Quest disappear.

Is he signaling something with his tie?

Worrals in the wilds
26th Mar 2014, 13:45
He's about as bloody expert as Geoffrey Thomas.:D:D:D:D Way sick of the experts. Got a new word for it: [email protected] People who swank around in the media claiming to be technical experts because they're journalists who write about aviation.:bored:
Personally, I prefer the adjective :}; the noun got whored out long ago.
expert: definition of expert in Oxford dictionary (British & World English) (http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/expert)

rgbrock1
26th Mar 2014, 14:38
Hey Worrals? Ever think about the sound of the word? Expert. E-X-P-E-R-T.
Sounds very similar Ex-spurt. Spurt: to gush forth suddenly. Or, in these cases, to bloviate incessantly ad naseum. :ok:

Worrals in the wilds
26th Mar 2014, 14:44
Got it in one. :(

mickjoebill
26th Mar 2014, 14:48
Spurt: to gush forth suddenly. Or, in these cases

Also, Spurt: a drip under pressure

Mickjoebill

MagnusP
26th Mar 2014, 15:15
... and X, an unknown quantity.

Buster Hyman
26th Mar 2014, 15:24
He's about as bloody expert as Geoffrey Thomas.
Knowing Geoffrey, I doubt you'd hear him call himself that, more like lazy news producers that want to add weight to his comments.

Don't know about Quest, but Geoffrey's been in the industry in some capacity and, given the paucity of Journo's these days, at least he knows which way to turn when he steps on at 1L!!!

Dak Man
27th Mar 2014, 01:17
Another snippet for the CT crowd.

Why is there an identically liveried (ex-Malaysian Airlines) B777-2H6(ER) in storage in Tel Aviv?

N105GT GA Telesis Boeing 777-2H6(ER) - cn 28416 / ln 155 - Planespotters.net Just Aviation (http://www.planespotters.net/Production_List/Boeing/777/28416,N105GT-GA-Telesis-php)

I was banned from the MH370 thread, one question I asked "How easy would it be to clone a T7"......it was an off the cuff tongue in cheek remark:eek:

I'll keep a listen out for the black helos inbound......

500N
27th Mar 2014, 01:20
The conspiracy theorists are coming out all over the place !!!

OldCessna
27th Mar 2014, 02:57
Over in the colonies we have, in addition to nitwit Quest spouting away as if he knows anything worth listening to.

Scary Mary Schiavo former Inspector General of the Transportation Dept. A total no nothing political hack and lawyer

Then former NTSB managing director Goelz (another political hack) and lawyer

I was quite impressed with Greg Feith ex NTSB and who has a substantial aviation background and has actually investigated aviation accidents. He speaks facts that are not in the mediasphere!

500N
27th Mar 2014, 03:01
What makes me laugh is the "Oxygen bottle / Fire extinguisher" that was found on the beach.

On the following two pages theories appeared about plane crashing, bottle being ripped from wherever it is installed while everything else on the aircraft is pulverised, numerous other weird and wonderful ideas that could fill a book.

Which I think will be written by someone after all this is over.

LASJayhawk
27th Mar 2014, 03:50
LOL Dak Man My dad would love that. His theory is that the Malaysians missed a payment and the aircraft has been repossessed...:}