PDA

View Full Version : Linux Mint 64bit playing .avi files

rans6andrew
25th Mar 2014, 21:25
When I play .avi files using the default player in Linux Mint 64 bit they play at exactly twice the normal video rate. This has been confirmed by taking the same files across to a windoze 7 machine and opening the files in Firefox there and also by refering to the time stamping embedded in the file picture. The files are video's made by a keyfob video camera.

Can anyone recommend another .avi player for Linux mint or should I be looking further into the settings for the player I have (if there are any the user can change)? Please use words of few sylables as Linux Mint is still a steep learning curve for me as it usually does what it says on the tin without me doing anything to guide it.

Ta

Rans6..........

ps I have been quite impressed by the keyfob video camera, only £9.99 including the 8 GB memory card and with rechargeable battery and USB liink/charging lead. Takes stills as well.

Andy_P
25th Mar 2014, 21:42
One word (or acronym) VLC. Its the only media player you want! I am not familiar with linux mint, but I would be surprised if you could not get a flavour for it.

rans6andrew
25th Mar 2014, 21:48
ta Andy_P, I checked with gurgle and it seems to be available, I'll give it a go int' morning when I go to my office.

Rans6..............