PDA

View Full Version : Vladimir Putin Speaks

rgbrock1
24th Mar 2014, 13:45
In August of last year Vlad said the following:

"In Russia live like Russians. Any minority, from anywhere, if it wants to live in Russia , to work and eat in Russia , should speak Russian, and should respect the Russian laws. If they prefer Sharia Law, and live the life of Muslim's then we advise them to go to those places where that's the state law.

Russia does not need Muslim minorities. Minorities need Russia , and we will not grant them special privileges, or try to change our laws to fit their desires, no matter how loud they yell 'discrimination'.

We will not tolerate disrespect of our Russian culture .

We had better learn from the suicides of America , England , Holland and France , if we are to survive as a nation.

The Muslims are taking over those countries and they will not take over Russia ..

The Russian customs and traditions are not compatible with the lack of culture or the primitive ways.

Sharia Law and Muslims, when this honourable legislative body thinks of creating new laws, it should have in mind the Russian national interest first, observing that the Muslims Minorities are not Russians.
The politicians in the Duma gave Putin a five minute standing ovation.
It is a sad day when our own leaders refuse to heed this advice regardless of who said it. This makes more sense than what our our so called honorable leaders drivel out!!!!
If you keep this to yourself, you are part of the problem!"

Is he that far off the mark? Discuss.

vulcanised
24th Mar 2014, 13:55
He's very politically incorrect.

Other than that, he's pretty well spot on.

awblain
24th Mar 2014, 14:07
The Russian customs and traditions are not compatible with the lack of culture or the primitive ways.

What traditions? Rigging elections, disregarding international agreements, and smashing into sovereign state's military bases on their territory?

And all because Putin's puppet toy got righteously tossed out of the pram.

I'm not remembering seeing a large muslim population in Ukraine.

A guess we now know just how much effort it takes to rouse and elect a rabble in Russia.

racedo
24th Mar 2014, 14:40
Rigging elections, disregarding international agreements, and smashing into sovereign state's military bases on their territory?

Is this about Russia or the US ?

ALL the above apply to both.

As for Putin, in Syria he showed that what he is doing is preventing Fundamentalist Islamic Groups taking control and killing everybody who wasn't their branch of Islam. Funny that the West is now worrying about Radicalised fighters returning to their own countrys now.

Scary thing is on a discussion down the pub last week there was NOBODY who felt Putin was wrong in Crimea, they voted to stay in USSR in 91 but that was ignored and had no allegiance to Ukraine.

One mate who has seen more than his fair share of conflict said "Its almost as if some Western Govts are blindly trying to drag us into a war" that nobody wants, needs or understands.

I have no great love of USSR and its sucessors but if Russia was supposedly so agressive then they need lots and lots of lessons in the subject because the street protests against them in Crimea don't exist.

Lonewolf_50
24th Mar 2014, 14:49
He is addressing something that goes well beyond anything happening in Crimea and the Ukraine. The Sovs had trouble in the "near abroad" thirty and forty years ago. It was no surprise that when the SOviet empire disaggregated, numerous of the Stans split off. It was a long time coming.

The issue he addresses is a long standing matter of internal friction within Russia. Suggest you do a little learning on Russian history, and even Russian culture, which includes a complex change during the Soviet era, and then the recent violence in places like Chechnya.

I understand what Putin is doing, beyond playing to a segment of the home audience.

Where we live, aw, that sentiment doesn't work and has been found to be counterproductive. Maybe one day the Russians will have an enlightenment similar to our Civil Rights movement. At present, that step seems a long way off.

ORAC
24th Mar 2014, 14:49
One law for Russia, another fore the rest. Quelle surprise......

"In Russia live like Russians. Any minority, from anywhere, if it wants to live in Russia , to work and eat in Russia , should speak Russian" Moscow signals concern for Russians in Estonia (http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/19/us-russia-estonia-idUSBREA2I1J620140319)

(Reuters) - Russia signaled concern on Wednesday at Estonia's treatment of its large ethnic Russian minority, comparing language policy in the Baltic state with what it said was a call in Ukraine to prevent the use of Russian. Russia has defended its annexation of Ukraine's Crimea peninsula by arguing it has the right to protect Russian-speakers outside its borders, so the reference to linguistic tensions in another former Soviet republic comes at a highly sensitive moment.

Russia fully supported the protection of the rights of linguistic minorities, a Moscow diplomat told the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva, according to a summary of the session issued by the U.N.'s information department. "Language should not be used to segregate and isolate groups," the diplomat was reported as saying. Russia was "concerned by steps taken in this regard in Estonia as well as in Ukraine," the Moscow envoy was said to have added...........

The forced closure of Moldovan/Romanian language schools in Transdniestria fell within Russia’s jurisdiction (http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDAQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fhudoc.echr.coe.int%2Fwebservices%2Fcontent% 2Fpdf%2F003-4124055-4855677&ei=_jYwU4GpJpOShgfOgIHgBg&usg=AFQjCNFTbXDoVa1Vl6b2_X6ENDw3GHaLuA&bvm=bv.62922401,d.ZGU)

In today’s Grand Chamber judgment in the case of Catan and Others v. the Republic of Moldova and Russia (application nos. 43370/04, 8252/05 and 18454/06), which is final, the European Court of Human Rights held, by 16 votes to one, that there had been a violation of Article 2 of Protocol No. 1 in respect of the Russian Federation.

The case concerned the complaint by children and parents from the Moldovan community in Transdniestria about the effects of a language policy adopted in 1992 and 1994 by the separatist regime forbidding the use of the Latin alphabet in schools and the subsequent measures taken to enforce the policy. Those measures included the forcible eviction of pupils and teachers from Moldovan/Romanian-language schools as well as forcing the schools to close down and reopen in different premises.

The Court found that the separatist regime could not survive without Russia’s continued military, economic and political support and that the closure of the schools therefore fell within Russia’s jurisdiction under the Convention. The Republic of Moldova, on the other hand, had not only refrained from supporting the regime but had made considerable efforts to support the applicants themselves by paying for the rent and refurbishment of the new school premises as well as for all equipment, teachers’ salaries and transport costs.........

B Fraser
25th Mar 2014, 08:34
Ask any Pole who endured WW2 which was worse. Invasion by the Nazis or invasion by the Russians.

Estonia is an interesting case. A fully paid up member of the EU, they have adopted the Euro and are paying to bail out Greece, Spain etc. when it was not their problem. There were plenty of Russians who were relocated to Estonia to "Russify" the country while scores of ethnic Estonians were transported to Siberia where they perished. Memories burn for a long time in that part of the world. The Russians that remain there today are not well liked to put it mildly. What will the EU do if Ivan pops over the border ?

Another interesting thing is that to get asylum and settle in Estonia, you have to learn the language first so you can integrate and contribute. With over 80 ways of saying "dog", it's easier to learn Finnish. There are not many halal butchers in Tallin.

Cacophonix
25th Mar 2014, 10:41
Maybe the folks in the Ukraine, Lithuania, Lativia, Estonia (keep going) should take an equally hard line with the Russians that live in their countries...

Putin faces nothing but dissent in those areas both in or outside greater Russia because of his stupidity...

May his life be short and uncomfortable.

Caco

rgbrock1
25th Mar 2014, 14:06
Caco:

Maybe the folks in the Ukraine, Lithuania, Lativia, Estonia (keep going) should take an equally hard line with the Russians that live in their countries...

I understand, fully, your sentiments. However, if the above were to happen that would probably be all the excuses needed for Russia to take all of the above back into their fold. And the West would do shit about it. That's a given.

W.R.A.I.T.H
25th Mar 2014, 15:58
the West would do shit about it. That's a given.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The far west NATO members would probably try to raise the argument that the Baltics are not worth it, but significant elements in Poland for instance seemed hell bent to drag NATO in should Putin invade Ukraine. The Poles understand the gravity of the situation for they are next in line. And if Poland goes in to defend the invaded Estonia, fully justified as Article 5 has now been automatically invoked, it is either make or break for the rest of the alliance and as such I would expect a military conflict involving NATO to occur. Cameron also said NATO will be beefed up in the region, thus allowing for yet more collateral weight.

Obviously, nobody wants a full blown conflict in European territory but then again, nobody wanted it in 1938 and we had WWII for it; chose dishonor and had war. Will we learn this time around?

Tankertrashnav
25th Mar 2014, 17:00
The only former SS man I ever met was a Welsh plumber.

To explain, he had become a naturalised UK citizen a few years after being released as POW from his camp in Wales, in 1947

I got speaking to him, and discovered he was in fact Estonian. When the Germans swept through Estonia, they carried out a very succesful recruiting campaign in which they invited young Estonian men to join up and get the chance to kill Russians.

Aged 17 he enlisted like a shot, and ended up as an NCO in the volunteer Estonian Legion in the Waffen SS. Naturally he elected not to return to Estonia on his release as he would either have disappeared into a Gulag, or more likely have been shot out of hand by the Soviets. He's dead now, but I have no doubt what he would think of Putin and the road down which he is leading Russia.

tony draper
25th Mar 2014, 17:08
What's happened to the CIA? surely they could sort the Putin problem with a few poison cigars or a exploding bicycle.
:rolleyes:

SpringHeeledJack
25th Mar 2014, 17:54
I wouldn't be so sure about that. The far west NATO members would probably try to raise the argument that the Baltics are not worth it, but significant elements in Poland for instance seemed hell bent to drag NATO in should Putin invade Ukraine. The Poles understand the gravity of the situation for they are next in line. And if Poland goes in to defend the invaded Estonia, fully justified as Article 5 has now been automatically invoked, it is either make or break for the rest of the alliance and as such I would expect a military conflict involving NATO to occur. Cameron also said NATO will be beefed up in the region, thus allowing for yet more collateral weight.

Food for thought ?

Why are Polish men in London getting military call-up papers? | Ukraine News | The Week UK (http://www.theweek.co.uk/europe/ukraine/57830/why-are-polish-men-london-getting-military-call-papers)

SHJ

rgbrock1
25th Mar 2014, 18:32
Tony D:

What's happened to the CIA? surely they could sort the Putin problem with a few poison cigars or a exploding bicycle.
:rolleyes:

Oh, they're still around. But their main focus these days is to lie in bed with another U.S. government three-lettered agency listening in on Joe and Mary Smiths' love life. (Because we all know that Mary and Joe Smith could very well be... TERRORISTS. :eek:)

West Coast
25th Mar 2014, 20:00
Awblain

Islam in Ukraine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Ukraine)

The Muslim element and potential issues for Putin was brought up in the news last night. Putin will have some long term issues with them if he decides to hold on to Crimea.

M.Mouse
25th Mar 2014, 20:20
Vladimir Putin speaks.....or did he?

Gullible people are duped again! (http://www.hoax-slayer.com/putin-duma-speech-sharia-law.shtml)

Lonewolf_50
25th Mar 2014, 20:56
Mr Mouse, I appear to be sitting here scraping an egg off of my face ... :O

rgbrock1
25th Mar 2014, 20:58
LW50:

Agree with you considering I fell for it and was the originator of this thread.

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/egg-on-face-300x300.jpg

M.Mouse
25th Mar 2014, 22:11
You see a lot of this sort of stuff on Faceplant and other forums. I put them on the same level as spam e-mail. On Faceplant postings with thousands of 'Likes' have a monetary value so it is in the financial interest of those with little integrity to encourage widespread dissemination of something whether it is true or not.

The giveaway for me is that the text will often chime a chord with the average person and make them think 'At last someone in a position of power speaking out'. But if you sit and analyse the text it would be very unusual for any politician to speak so bluntly and also to risk alienating, certainly within Europe, millions of Muslim voters!

A quick search of snopes.com or similar sites will often reveal the authenticity or not of something.

con-pilot
26th Mar 2014, 00:01
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c246/con-pilot/image03510_zps42b99573.jpg (http://s28.photobucket.com/user/con-pilot/media/image03510_zps42b99573.jpg.html)

rh200
26th Mar 2014, 00:42
And if Poland goes in to defend the invaded Estonia, fully justified as Article 5 has now been automatically invoked, it is either make or break for the rest of the alliance and as such I would expect a military conflict involving NATO to occur.

There is no chance of any conflict with NATO and Russia, both if we do nothing, like we are know, and if we grew a spine and threw resources on the ground in the Ukraine. Putin is only taking advantage of us, throw a road block in place and he will just change tack. Its a chess game.

Cacophonix
26th Mar 2014, 01:29
As an old Saffer we just simply shot the Russians...

Sine die...

Caco

Cacophonix
26th Mar 2014, 01:37
I lost my boet out there and I hate the Russians more than I do the Americans....

Atlanta Rhythm Section - Outside Woman Blues.wmv - YouTube

Caco

awblain
26th Mar 2014, 10:55
West,

That's the returning, previously departing Tatars, who are hardly likely to strike fear into the heart of an islamophobe.

Putin's just yanking the strings of his dupes by conjuring images of Bezlan and Chechyna.

But, if Putin doesn't like Tatars, then annexing Crimea was indeed an even bigger mistake, because that's where they live. I guess Stalin was able to change that.

Lonewolf_50
26th Mar 2014, 13:49
Tatars may live there now, but that doesn't mean he gives a rat's behind. :p

er340790
26th Mar 2014, 17:37
"OH HAIL GLORIOUS VLAD; THRICE-ENDOWED IMPERIAL MASTER OF CRIMEA; RIGHTEOUS LEADER OF ALL RUSSIAN PEOPLE, DEVINE SAVIOUR OF HUMANITY...."

(Right, that's me safe, then... ;))