PDA

View Full Version : ......and it's even better to be Welsh

Dak Man
15th Mar 2014, 22:42
.....only saying like, just as St Patrick might.

Cacophonix
15th Mar 2014, 22:51
St Patrick, a fine Welshman he was driving all those serpents out and inventing Irish coffee too...... :ok:

Caco

KBPsen
15th Mar 2014, 22:58
......and it's even better to be WelshWhat, someone's invented some new velcro and knee pads?

Cacophonix
15th Mar 2014, 23:06
The Welsh certainly did get around! I remember how delighted I was to find the Tredegar iron works in Richmond Virginia...

Of course both the English and the Scots claim St Pat as one of their own as well. Whatever the case, happy St Patrick's day to all on Monday...

Caco

tony draper
15th Mar 2014, 23:08
I was lead to believe Young Patrick was captured in Cumbria,one could pick up a better quality of slave there.
:rolleyes:

Cacophonix
15th Mar 2014, 23:10
Cumbria

A Celtic part of Britain and a likely birth place methinks...

Caco

charliegolf
15th Mar 2014, 23:27
As Head of a Catholic school (plenty of Paddy heritage on the staff), I used to wind them up by reminding them (in assembly so they couldn't swear or throw stuff) that Wales was the only home country to grow its own patron saint. And to export one!

CG

M.Mouse
16th Mar 2014, 01:29
There are many good things which come out of Wales. The A4 for instance.

superq7
16th Mar 2014, 01:48
Mouse the A4 stops at picturesque Avonmouth.

TomJoad
16th Mar 2014, 02:14
As Head of a Catholic school (plenty of Paddy heritage on the staff), I used to wind them up by reminding them (in assembly so they couldn't swear or throw stuff) that Wales was the only home country to grow its own patron saint. And to export one!

CG

Yes but he didn't catch the popular vote the way St Patrick or St Andrew did;)

tin hat on awaiting incoming:p

Wingswinger
16th Mar 2014, 08:50
You should visit Wales sometime, Tom. Try saying that in Tyddewi!

TomJoad
16th Mar 2014, 13:44
I'm sure it is grand, Wales is a fine place, the people warm and down to earth. But as celebrations go St Patrick's day in New York has to be experienced. Haven' yet made it for Tartan Day although our pipe band may make it out to the Tattoo next year - now that would be a fine thing.:ok:

charliegolf
16th Mar 2014, 16:44
No incoming from me Tom. Dewi Sant is only really celebrated in school, and that's fine by me. And he's not a terribly 'Catholic' saint, (millions of Josephs and Marys and Patricks) so his name isn't all over the joint either. But I got to run a St David's school. Nice bonus.

CG