PDA

View Full Version : AW139 G-LBAL helicopter crash in Gillingham, Norfolk: condolences thread

hetrotrolleydolly
13th Mar 2014, 23:29
Sincere condolences to all involved , RIP

magbreak
13th Mar 2014, 23:52
RIP and thoughts to those directly affected....

101BOY
14th Mar 2014, 00:01
Terrible news.

SilsoeSid
14th Mar 2014, 00:03
Beware of press trolls!

RIP to all involved and deepest sympathy to the families and friends :(

HeliTed
14th Mar 2014, 00:03
I saw Wiki has been updated as well.
Sincere condolences to all involved.

Crieff-ite
14th Mar 2014, 14:51
RIP Carl :-((

Names on Sky now

Organgrinder
14th Mar 2014, 15:01
RIP mate, another friend gone. sometimes I hate this industry.

feelforit
14th Mar 2014, 15:31
One of the nicest guys I ever had the pleasure to fly with...and now finding out Lee was there to, that's just one hell of shame for all of us but most of all for their loving families and children. They both have had a really positive impact on my life. I will miss them both a real pleasure to have been with.....H&H

heliUK
14th Mar 2014, 15:37
Carl will be sorely missed, always smiling, very charismatic guy and helped me achieve my license and confidence after another tragedy in the helicopter world. A great pilot and friend. RIP

FloaterNorthWest
14th Mar 2014, 15:57
Rest in peace Carl and Lee.

talkpedlar
14th Mar 2014, 16:36
Tony Smith, Steve Holdich, Pete Barnes and now Carl D... We're still losing too many experienced, well qualified and thoroughly decent guys.. and 3 of those crashes claimed pax too.

Now in retirement, one thing this old-timer doesn't miss is coping with owners' and passengers' expectations/needs when a gulf existed between what they expected/needed and what could be safely achieved.

RIP to them all and to Lee too (whom I never met)..and condolences to their families, friends and colleagues. B:mad:y H:mad:ll, life can be harsh.

TP

Flingingwings
14th Mar 2014, 22:17
Can only echo some of the earlier comments....

Knew both. Both were skilled, respected professionals whom will be missed by their peers ( many of whom, like I, are experienced onshore operators of both SP and MP aircraft that regularly conduct Ops to/from private sites at night).

Thoughts with the families. RIP guys.

Rocky999
15th Mar 2014, 10:59
I didn't know them but i recognize where they came from, my sincere condolences to the families.