PDA

View Full Version : It's very quiet here

Hotel Tango
11th Mar 2014, 19:15
Where have all the spotters gone? :E

Airclues
11th Mar 2014, 19:40
http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/535538-malaysian-airlines-mh370-contact-lost-95.html

KBPsen
11th Mar 2014, 20:53
It's very quiet hereEnjoy it while it last.

Skipness One Echo
11th Mar 2014, 21:32
Where have all the spotters gone?
Try asking your wife.

Hotel Tango
11th Mar 2014, 21:53
:ok: Exactly Airclues, hence my evil smile ;)

Gulf4uk
12th Mar 2014, 12:37
There are Some Spotters unlike other people who don't make Stupid comments on things they know nothing about .

Tony
Farnborough :mad:

East11
12th Mar 2014, 15:02
been reading the thread, of course, but only reading it

not sure my 3 hours of 777 flight deck experience counts:p

Girl in Ivory Tower
12th Mar 2014, 15:29
New here, so Hi! :ok:

KBPsen
12th Mar 2014, 15:34
been reading the threadThen you've been wasting your time. To paraphrase Springsteen: 'There's two thousand posts and nothin' on'.

ChristySweet
12th Mar 2014, 16:42
Sorry to interrupt but maybe since it's so quiet I could ask a question pertaining to the 777 and the aforementioned thread- Can the transponder be turned off from within the cockpit? Can it be turned off from anywhere?

Thanks

Cymmon
12th Mar 2014, 17:08
I've just read my airliner tech book on the Boeing 777 development and history but can't see a reference to this yet, I will try looking on the t'internet so I can give a correct answer to all the questions......:\:E

Ok, I'll go back to watching aircraft from the beer garden in a certain public house near the perimeter of Manchester airport runway. Well the one I can see, I believe there is a second one near the aviation viewing park.:ok:

Please read this as a tongue in cheek reply from someone with a more than passing interest in aviation. :)

wiggy
13th Mar 2014, 07:18
To paraphrase Springsteen: 'There's two thousand posts and nothin' on'.

:D

I guess it could be worse and we should be grateful. Given the quality of some of the posts us mortals are allowed to see I hope there is a special place in internet hell reserved for many of the ones the mods have junked.

Callsign Kilo
13th Mar 2014, 12:55
Where have all the spotters gone?

Saw some in MAN yesterday. Waved to them as I taxied off 23R. Some waved back. Lovely people :p

Georgeablelovehowindia
15th Mar 2014, 14:53
Yup, there goes the territory! The MH370 madhouse has found us!

:rolleyes:

ChristySweet
15th Mar 2014, 14:58
Thank you Claybird, for that answer.
^ Yes, I know there is now a thread on MH 370 in this subforum for um.. lay- persons, clotting up quickly, too so imagine most of you will avoid it - please allow me a few more questions on this quiet and unrelated thread.

In the main forum post # 3969 ( # subject to change I suppose) has a map of ACARS coverage which makes a good point about the ACARS not ceasing to function from crash, but deliberate piloting to avoid it. Do you agree ACARS detection avoidance is possible in this manner?

There is also a lot of chat about unusually high altitude deviations, mostly dismissed as radar fuzz, would there be tracking technology that a higher altitude would thwart?

Thanks much