PDA

View Full Version : Interview Preperation training company

mesh
11th Mar 2014, 08:31
Hi all, I just wanted to pick your brains. In addition to my day job as flight deck I also run a flight deck training company. I have been approached my some Cabin Crew instructors that I work with in the day job to join them in starting a Cabin Crew training company. I would be grateful if you could answer any of the following questions.
1 what sort of training is available to potential cabin crew prior to first job?
2 Are any areas of your training in leisure studies etc lacking?
3 Do you think a combined training day from cc and fd could add anything?
4 If you are embarking on your career as cabin crew what research resources do you use (apart from pprune obviously)?

As I say just initial stuff. If any of you can help I am very grateful.

Regards

Mesh

Tray Surfer
13th Mar 2014, 18:10
If I can speak honestly about this…

When I first applied to airlines, I considered doing a "training day" to prepare me for the interview, and read over the syllabus of the different day or two day courses that were being offered for £100-150 etc… I thought about it and eventually decided that I could not spare the money as I was struggling financially at the time.

After my interview with my current airline (7 years ago…), I was glad I had not paid the money.

The things that were on the syllabus would have made no difference what so ever. They were more interested in my experience of dealing with people.

So, if I am being honest, I really don't see the value in these sorts of training courses for cabin crew.

average-punter
13th Mar 2014, 21:10
I agree with what Tray Surfer has said.

There is a bit of training available, such as college courses after school which some people elect to attend now that I believe you have to stay on in some form of further education for a year after your GCSEs.

I think a combined training day between flight deck and cabin crew would be extremely valuable as a current member of cabin crew, however it will be of little to no value before you have the job as people would not appreciate it nor be able to relate to the importance of it.

I would say close to 99% of cabin crew that I work with are unaware of what PPRUNE is.

crewmeal
14th Mar 2014, 06:23
If push comes to shove just troll through the youtube clips. There's a good one about Jet2 training which gives an idea on cabin crew training. Don't waste your money on something that could have a negative impact at interview.

Oh make sure you can swim!

jet2 cabin crew 2013 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jet2%20cabin%20crew%202013%20&sm=1)