PDA

View Full Version : The Met

BOAC
8th Mar 2014, 08:25
Bizarre - I cannot find a current thread on this, so here goes. If our beloved Mods have 'buried' it somewhere obscure, please move this one too but I would suggest a redirect would be a good idea.

1) Is it right that the Met investigate their own possible corruption/destruction and manipulation of evidence events?

2) If 1)= yes, do we know how far up the pile of monkeys in the tree Hogan-Howe was and is he 'clean' in this respect?

Cacophonix
8th Mar 2014, 08:40
Was trying to make a point about the Met with this one BOAC but your thread title wins on clarity.

http://www.pprune.org/jet-blast/535476-russians-moscow-cops-met.html

As for the Met one can only say that the place is suffused with arrogance and complacency at the top to a great deal of corruption or self interest throughout the rest of the ever rotting corpse.

Caco

Capetonian
8th Mar 2014, 08:44
As for the Met one can only say that the place is suffused with arrogance and complacency at the top to a great deal of corruption of self interest throughout the rest of the slightly rotten corpse.I wonder if you'd walk into a Metropolitan Police station and say that to them. The presence of a few bad ones in a force of about 15,000 people should not, but obviously does, prejudice your view.
I hold them in the highest regard and always have done, but then, I'm not a criminal.

Cacophonix
8th Mar 2014, 08:48
tree Hogan-Howe

Heard the man talk on Radio 4 and my immediate thought was that here is a man who believes his own press and who is the last person who should be in charge of any investigation or anything else that does not smack of narcissism and arrogant complacency. His disputed role in the Hillsborough debacle should have been enough for him to have been put out to pasture years ago.

Caco

Cacophonix
8th Mar 2014, 08:52
I wonder if you'd walk into a Metropolitan Police station

As a matter of fact I had occasion to do just that this year. The result was the kind of fracas you might not understand or enjoy but it left me encouraged by the energy of at least some of this force and £80 poorer upon my release the following day.

Of course not all cops are bad but some certainly share your kind of pompous complacency. ;)

Caco

Capetonian
8th Mar 2014, 08:55
Of course not all cops are bad but some certainly share your kind of pompous complacency.Which probably explains why I get on well with them.

cavortingcheetah
8th Mar 2014, 08:58
I think the Met are a bunch of pussy cats. This is how to treat villains?
More cape town police brutality - March 07, 2014 - YouTube
The real or the otherwise.

Cacophonix
8th Mar 2014, 09:01
Ah the South African police are something else again...!

Try this crime for example...

The murder fields of Marikana. The cold murder fields of Marikana. | Daily Maverick (http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2012-08-30-the-murder-fields-of-marikana-the-cold-murder-fields-of-marikana)

Caco

cavortingcheetah
8th Mar 2014, 09:15
The persecution of the ungodly and the use of reasonable and judicious force to deter the blasphemy of crime?

Cacophonix
8th Mar 2014, 09:20
The persecution of the ungodly and the use of reasonable and judicious force to deter the blasphemy of crime?

Reminds me of that line from Mad Max ...

I am the chosen one. The mighty hand of vengeance, sent down to strike the unroadworthy! I'm hotter than a rollin' dice. Step right up, chum, and watch the kid lay down the rubber road, ride to freedom!

I enclose the obligatory video...

Mad Max - YouTube

Caco

G-CPTN
8th Mar 2014, 09:28
Hearing various senior police officers commenting on the current situation highlighted their ability to smarm with weasel words whilst avoiding admitting that there might have been any dodgy dealings.

I'm sure that they are trained in such evasive speech techniques.

Capot
8th Mar 2014, 09:44
The presence of a few bad ones in a force of about 15,000 peopleThat's the kind of c**p that has allowed the situation to get worse, not better, over the last 40 years.

The MI6 officer in a British Embassy, disguised as a First Secretary, was a friend of ours in the early 1970's. He had a previous career teaching in an Inner London comprehensive school, and carried the scars. When someone once said in his hearing, "The British Police are wonderful" as people of a certain type once did, he rounded on him with fury, saying;

"It's people like you, whom the Police salute and call Sir, who need to realise that the Metropolitan Police, at least, routinely lie on oath, manufacture evidence, take bribes, beat prisoners up in cells, use unnecessary force whenever they feel like it, cover up for each other, lose evidence that disproves their case, and are institutionally racist and corrupt. A few, very few, are honest but they are pressured by the majority to go along with what they see or face the consequences, usually a trumped-up disciplinary charge and dismissal. To 80% of the population they are a feared enemy, and you stand there, you pompous, well-spoken prat, and say they are "wonderful".

They words are not verbatim, but he said all of that and more, and walked out of the party.

It opened my eyes, and everything that has happened in the intervening 40 years has proved that he knew what he was talking about, which he had learned from his 10 years teaching in the East End.

So I say the same to you; it is not "a few bad ones"; it is the majority and that's the problem London faces now, today. It is not history to be swept under the carpet with some bland reassurances like "lessons will be learned".

Why else do you think that officers with an appalling record of failure, corruption or misconduct occupy senior positions instead of being in prison or the dole queue?

BOAC
8th Mar 2014, 10:15
Well, having heard H-H say on the BBC that there was no-one better than him to conduct the Met internal enquiry, and discovering his previous association with the Met during his career (once apparently, briefly Assistant Commissioner responsible for professional standards!!) I would vote for his having no part in any internal investigation but probably being investigated himself.

GrumpyOldFart
8th Mar 2014, 14:59
Why else do you think that officers with an appalling record of failure,
corruption or misconduct occupy senior positions instead of being in prison or
the dole queue?

Because they're masons.

And because the really senior ones answer to ACPO, rather than to the political or judicial systems.

:suspect:

Evening Star
8th Mar 2014, 15:01
Count me as one of the 80%. Was in the unfortunate position a few years ago of witnessing misconduct by two police officers (UK, not Met). Reminded me of the cartoon of two officers under investigation, where the one points to the other and says, "He is innocent", while the other points back and says, "So is he". Quietly dropped the complaint as it was obvious that it would be unhealthy to continue. Just about did in any trust I felt towards the police.

This is not to say that they do a difficult job. It is just that whenever I have been with police in a social situation they have, with one noteworthy exception, been the worst bulls:mad:tting pseudo-alpha types I have ever met. Ironically, the exception is a very senior former police officer who has a CV includes the Met.

Also once went drinking with a Russian police officer in a Russian regional town a long way from Moscow. Learnt a lot there as well. They might be corrupt, except that there was no bulls:mad:t to pretend otherwise.

That's the kind of c**p that has allowed the situation to get worse, not better, over the last 40 years.

The MI6 officer in a British Embassy, disguised as a First Secretary, was a friend of ours in the early 1970's. He had a previous career teaching in an Inner London comprehensive school, and carried the scars. When someone once said in his hearing, "The British Police are wonderful" as people of a certain type once did, he rounded on him with fury, saying;

"It's people like you, whom the Police salute and call Sir, who need to realise that the Metropolitan Police, at least, routinely lie on oath, manufacture evidence, take bribes, beat prisoners up in cells, use unnecessary force whenever they feel like it, cover up for each other, lose evidence that disproves their case, and are institutionally racist and corrupt. A few, very few, are honest but they are pressured by the majority to go along with what they see or face the consequences, usually a trumped-up disciplinary charge and dismissal. To 80% of the population they are a feared enemy, and you stand there, you pompous, well-spoken prat, and say they are "wonderful".

They words are not verbatim, but he said all of that and more, and walked out of the party.

It opened my eyes, and everything that has happened in the intervening 40 years has proved that he knew what he was talking about, which he had learned from his 10 years teaching in the East End.

So I say the same to you; it is not "a few bad ones"; it is the majority and that's the problem London faces now, today. It is not history to be swept under the carpet with some bland reassurances like "lessons will be learned".

Why else do you think that officers with an appalling record of failure, corruption or misconduct occupy senior positions instead of being in prison or the dole queue?

Capot
8th Mar 2014, 15:56
Because they're masons.You're not wrong; membership of the right lodge is a pre-requisite to promotion in the Met, and many other Forces if not all of them, and the same membership will ensure that if a member screws up the lodge rallies round.

And because the really senior ones answer to ACPOAh yes, ACPO, the biggest threat to civil liberties that the UK faces. A secretive association of 400 or so unelected, right-wing police officers, funded by taxpayers without their agreement. ACPO dictates the Government's policing agenda, and deals with anyone who steps put of line by harassment and intimidation. ACPO was behind much of the shenanigens over Andrew Mitchell, including orchestrating the public denials to the Select Committee. ACPO decides which laws are going to be enforced and which are not.

So far as I know, not one, not one Police Commissioner has had the balls to challenge the funding of ACPO from their Police Force budgets. This tells you all you need to know about these useless and sometimes corrupt elected nonentities, and all you need to know about ACPO's power to shut them up.

If you want to do some good, write to your Police Commissioner demanding that he explain why it is essential to use rate-payers' funds to sustain ACPO, in the absence of any legal obligation to do so. When you are ignored or given a brush-off response, keep pressing and copy all documents to MPs, Select Committees, Home Office, local and national press etc etc.

BOAC
8th Mar 2014, 16:02
Thanks, Basil - the lack of 'search' for 3-letter 'words' didn't help, but I suspect best to keep a separate thread as this one has 'legs', I think.:hmm:

" A large hole has developed at the Met's headquarters - the police are looking into it............"

ex_matelot
8th Mar 2014, 16:10
My theory - the MET may have, and still have certain levels of corruption within but - place any other business or section of the public sector nder the same scrutiny and I'm sure it would be matched. What I think has now occurred - after the St Steven debacle, is that it has become a sure-fire way to nail one's PC credentials to the mast and actively seek out any form of wrong-doing, possibly even fabricating it.

It really does appear to be the way ahead for a fast-track career and I believe it's part sacrificial lamb and part self-flagellation what it bringing much of this to the fore.

It would now be political or career suicide for any politician or higher-up in the police to suggest anything other than they were / are inherrantly racist & corrupt. The Lawrence thing grew legs and is now too big to fail.

I'd rather have a police force where a miscreant stood a reasonable chance of "falling down the station stairs" and that being generally accepted, as opposed to a heavily politicised force with no teeth that runs purely on targets and defending itself from spurious compensation claims from protesters who got a bit shouty.

And yes, I too have been around the world and had several "loud" runs ashore in places where the police tend to be quite punchy. I managed to stay away from having my head stoved also.

If you won't stand behind the police then try standing in front of them.

BOAC
8th Mar 2014, 18:19
ex - agreed, but the allegations here of collusion with the murderer's family and other allegations surely place this a little apart from your sentiments? A bit different to 'falling down the stairs'.

ex_matelot
8th Mar 2014, 19:17
BOAC - I really do not know. I only ever knew one member of the MET. He held certain opinions on certain high profile cases that were contrary to what could be called "The party line". I have since read enough dits on online forums by serving and ex MEt whose opinions appear to corroborate what I heard. I'm no longer in a position to contact the one who I knew.

I certainly believe Lawrence was no saint. That in no way excuses his murder though. His memorial was trashed shortly after the Leveson report, had white paint thrown over it. There was a CCTV camera overlooking the site. Naturally much outrage ensued...right up until the perpetrator was found to be non-white. The official line thereafter was that the camera was in fact a dummy, to save certain communities a bit of embarrassment after much gnashing of teeth. The BBC also ran a story on it - although a little different to what actually occurred.

As for Doreen and her peerage...She must feel a bit like "White D" off benefits street would do were she to be given a buckshee first class flight anywhere. If she achieves her aim do you think she will be content?...Not a chance - her living now depends on Steven's "legacy". She has done quite well out of it so far.

Somebody else said on another thread - families of victims of tragedy or murder should be given no platform. They just keep on getting wheeled out as talking heads whenever suits, and opening up old wounds for others.

Edit - forgot the original point I was going to make - his reall killers are said to be still free and remain so as the Lawrence family would not wait and pressed ahead (against advice) with a private prosecution - where not enough evidence was found to convict. The ones currently inside are said to be mere accomplices. I don not know whether this is true or not.

vulcanised
8th Mar 2014, 19:42
I see Lawrence's brother is demanding to be a part of the proposed inquiry.

Impartiality goes out of the window.

ex_matelot
8th Mar 2014, 19:44
They have all done very well out of his death and it's in their best interests to re-stoke the fires whenever needs be. Nobody in a postion of power would be stupid enough to call them out in today's climate. More points to be gained by alligning with them, whether rightly or wrongly.

thing
8th Mar 2014, 19:46
During the miner's strike the Met were sent up to Yorkshire to help deal with the job. They were universally hated by the local bobbies and as a pal of mine who was a DS and was as hard bitten as they come said 'They are quite simply an organised crime gang.'

ex_matelot
8th Mar 2014, 19:55
During the miner's strike the Met were sent up to Yorkshire to help deal with the job. They were universally hated by the local bobbies and as a pal of mine who was a DS and was as hard bitten as they come said 'They are quite simply an organised crime gang.'

The hatred probably stemmed from the MET being paid more at the time.

Due to the advent of social media there are now too many Bien Pensants, it has gone way past critical mass and has led to a situation where even intelligent, responsible people are fearful of voicing their true thoughts lest the wrath of the masses be unleashed upon them.
I got flamed on Facebook when someone posted an RIP Mandela - A true Statesman thread. Was called a bigot and all the usual after I suggested he was no saint. I then asked the angry person what they thought of the ANC. They did not know what the ANC was.

thing
8th Mar 2014, 19:58
The hatred probably stemmed from the MET being paid more at the time.

That and the fact that they were ignorant pigs (and I use the word not in it's usual association with the police) and they lifted anything that wasn't bolted down.

Hyph
8th Mar 2014, 20:57
Years ago, during the selection process for a :mad: job, I recall being asked questions relating to my character and previous occupations, with a particular interest in whether I had, at any time, been a member of the Metropolitan or Greater Manchester Police. No other force was mentioned by name.

Mr Optimistic
9th Mar 2014, 10:03
Oddly I find I don't really care. That perhaps is a legacy of an upbringing in the maritime provinces now referred to as Knowsley. Should I care ?

ex_matelot
9th Mar 2014, 12:02
Yes you should care because - the MET are destined to be found at fault somewhere along the lines and with the involvement of Doreen there will always be that racial aspect crow-barred into it. The rammifications have potential to go far. Most police starting nowadays know more about the Lawrence report than they do about basic policing. The race card is a strong one - and it looks like it'll maybe have even more weight added to it. If you don't care now then you'll soon change your tune if you end up becoming involved in the legal system with a racial aspect bolted on for good measure.

An organisation / system deemed racist will over-egg the pudding in order to demonstrate it is not. Think I'm joking? I've been on a ship that made the front pages for a couple of reasons and we were told we were no longer allowed to use terms such as Jock, Taff, Paddy etc and disciplinary action would be quick and robust. It was quietly dropped when it was pointed out the then first sea lord was Jock Slater.

awblain
9th Mar 2014, 12:06
racial aspect crow-barred into it

And well it should be. It shouldn't need a crowbar, being a racially-motivated killing, with a racially-motivated lack of interest in investigating, but if it does…

Basic policing is gathering evidence and treating people fairly according to the law. Major failings in that were identified in the report.

Mr Optimistic
9th Mar 2014, 12:23
Oh I realise that. Was a brief interlude where 'nitty gritty' was give a racial slant. Gone now I trust. Maybe I don't keep up. My point was aimed at expectations of honesty. You can't expect huge organisations to be spotless. Some teachers are stupid, some nurses don't care etc.

ex_matelot
9th Mar 2014, 12:30
Awblain, are you aware of what exactly made the killing of Lawrence deemed racially motivated? I'll tell you - a witness heard the words: "What,what? Nigger" during the murder. From that word it was deemed they set out to kill somebody purely because he was black.
Whoever killed him deserves to be put away but - for murder. Why should certain types of murder be more heinous than others?

Tankertrashnav
9th Mar 2014, 12:43
Because they're masons.

That comment is just so dated that it deserves challenging from someone who has been a Freemason in a London lodge (and yes there were a few policemen in it).

Far from being a pre-requisite to advancement in a career, membership of the Freemasons can now be a definite disadvantage. Just to quote one case, not admittedly in the police, but not a million miles away, one of our lodge members was a youngish barrister in the Crown Prosecution Service. He was taken aside at one stage and told that he showed promise and could expect to advance within the service. However his membership of a Masonic Lodge would be seen as a deterrent to promotion, because, rightly or wrongly, it could be claimed that he had gained promotion because of his Masonic connections. He was none too happy about this, and as I left that lodge shortly after I have no idea what decision he took, but it struck me as pretty shabby that a man could be told to leave an organisation whose main function was charitable works in order to advance in his chosen profession.

ex_matelot
9th Mar 2014, 13:14
I am not, nor have ever been a policeman. The MET are currently accused of "spying" on the Lawrences. Steven's murder could still said to be partially unsolved.
Ten years ago - how many people would imagine that a supposed loving father of many kids would torch his house with them in it in order to appear a hero rescuing them and become a celebrity?

How many people would have imagined a mother would arranged for her daughter to be "kidnapped" by an uncle hoping to accrue the same amount of funding as the McCanns?

How many people would imagine a mother would assist her boyfriend in hiding her own daughter's body after she had been killed by him after some bizarre love-triangle went wrong?

The police and security services are probably "spying" on many people, for valid reasons. The Lawrences are now highly politicised. We all know what that can lead to.

awblain
10th Mar 2014, 02:39
Let's see, Matelot: hmm.. what made it "racially motivated"… er… hmm… tough one…

Could it be the gang of white racist thugs attacking two black kids, in a town with a long history of racial antagonism? Yeah, that'll explain it.

Why should some crimes be more heinous? Because "hate crimes" - premeditated actions motivated by prejudice to a class of victim - simply are more heinous. Just as "crimes of passion" are less heinous.

ex_matelot
10th Mar 2014, 09:39
thanks for that answer awblain. we now have the measure of your thought process and can save time in future by simply ignoring you.

Posted from Pprune.org App for Android

awblain
10th Mar 2014, 09:47
"hate crimes" - premeditated actions motivated by prejudice to a class of victim - simply are more heinous. Just as "crimes of passion" are less heinous.

While you're ignoring me, others may wish to wonder what it is about this statement that should be ignored?

We wouldn't want to go down the route to Godwin here would we?

racedo
10th Mar 2014, 12:08
I certainly believe Lawrence was no saint. That in no way excuses his murder though

Really

Then put up the evidence to show he had done ANYTHING in his life that merited even talking to by a police officer.
Type of crap you posted was to get a smear against a lad where NOTHING has ever been posted against him to drag him down to the level of the scum who killed him.

Cops did this all the time in the 1990's to the media to make out he was responsible for being attacked by racists.

G-CPTN
10th Mar 2014, 14:08
BBC News - Jeffrey Davies's colleagues sacked for gross misconduct (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-26512022)

ex_matelot
10th Mar 2014, 16:18
Really

Then put up the evidence to show he had done ANYTHING in his life that merited even talking to by a police officer.
Type of crap you posted was to get a smear against a lad where NOTHING has ever been posted against him to drag him down to the level of the scum who killed him.

Cops did this all the time in the 1990's to the media to make out he was responsible for being attacked by racists.

I don't have any evidence - just as don't wrt him never been "talked to" by the police. I have however read enough anecdotes from serving MET online that offer a slightly different view than what's the now official "party line". By Awblain's logic - the police would have been correct in deeming him a gang member (if they did) because his murder occurred an an area notorious for black gang related mischief. His oppo Duwayne didn't help initial perceptions either by going off on one and abusing the first WPC who arrived at the scene - telling her to **** off as he only called an ambulance and didnt want police.

Krystal n chips
10th Mar 2014, 17:18
" I don't have any evidence -

In which case, irrespective of the context or topic, any statement is flawed from the onset.

" just as don't wrt him never been "talked to" by the police. I have however read enough anecdotes from serving MET online that offer a slightly different view than what's the now official "party line.

Ever heard of dis-information and the use of social networks perchance ?

Closer to home, take a look at JB for example, and currently R n N regarding the Malaysia 777 loss.

You seem to have an almost pathological obsession with the case. Any reason as to why this might be ?

Capot
10th Mar 2014, 17:59
I don't have any evidence - just as don't wrt him never been "talked to" by the police. I have however read enough anecdotes from serving MET online I'll join the chorus of outrage! That's the whole point; the Met spent years doing their best to blacken the name of Stephen Lawrence and anyone remotely or closely connected with him by spreading totally manufactured tales, smears, false associations etc etc etc. And they failed.

All you know is that Lawrence was murdered in an unprovoked attack by a gang of racist thugs, and that the Met did virtually nothing, partly because, possibly, there were proven close links between the gang and the Met.

Not a shred of evidence has ever been found to be true, supporting the statement that "Lawrence was no saint". That's what the Met have spent 2 decades or so telling people; it was never true and they know it was never true. But they still repeat it today because there's always some idiot who'll pass it on for them.

Mr Optimistic
10th Mar 2014, 20:23
Doubt it. That gang didn't have enough money to interest the met.

ex_matelot
10th Mar 2014, 21:50
I'll join the chorus of outrage! That's the whole point; the Met spent years doing their best to blacken the name of Stephen Lawrence and anyone remotely or closely connected with him by spreading totally manufactured tales, smears, false associations etc etc etc. And they failed.

All you know is that Lawrence was murdered in an unprovoked attack by a gang of racist thugs, and that the Met did virtually nothing, partly because, possibly, there were proven close links between the gang and the Met.

Not a shred of evidence has ever been found to be true, supporting the statement that "Lawrence was no saint". That's what the Met have spent 2 decades or so telling people; it was never true and they know it was never true. But they still repeat it today because there's always some idiot who'll pass it on for them.

Or the alternative- the prosecution did not have enough evidence to secure a conviction so 1000 years of common-law was over-turned in order to get the desired resulted by binning double jeapardy

Any of you care to comment on Asblain's logic? - crime committed in nororious racist area (No evidence supplied) = Must be racist if carried out by whites.

I'm not arguing abount white vBlack or whether it was racially orientated or not ...I'm concerned with the state's apparrent self-flaggellation on this issue. I'm also concerned that normally rationally thinking people abandon any logical thought in order o comply, or be seen to comply with supposed accepted thinking. See Awblain's last for a prime example. I presume he / she /it has at least one or two minerals by being able to register here.

If you disagree with that then google 'logical fallacies'. Regardless of the thread - weigh the presented arguments up against logic, what is known, and known logical fallicies.

I'm guessing we will lose a few respondents here..

;)

racedo
10th Mar 2014, 23:34
Racial murders: nearly half the victims are white | UK news | The Observer (http://apicdn.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=1e857e7500cdd32403f752206c297a3d&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pprune.org%2Fjet-blast%2F535563-met-3.html&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fuk%2F2006%2Foct%2F22% 2Fukcrime.race&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pprune.org%2Fjet-blast-16%2F)

8 year old article but lets look at based on UK makeup
87% white but 41% of racial murders which means 13% of the population suffer 59% of racial murders...............

racedo
10th Mar 2014, 23:37
I have however read enough anecdotes from serving MET online that offer a slightly different view than what's the now official "party line".

Wow Anonymous people on Web claim they have lots of information...........

ex_matelot
11th Mar 2014, 01:14
Irony is not your strong point?

Suck it up...

Fecking hell ..if I was Steven Lawrence I'd be a bit thredders at the half-wits trying their hardest here to bring the knobs who murdered me to justice.

awblain
11th Mar 2014, 09:59
the first WPC who arrived at the scene - telling her to **** off as he only called an ambulance and didnt want police.

Given how much good the first officers at the scene did in trying to render first aid and gather evidence, Stephen Lawrence's "oppo" seemed to have a good grasp on what was important at the time.

awblain
11th Mar 2014, 10:03
Basil,

Let's try to move back from the wikipedia's "accused" and "arrested" to "convicted". There's the 1970s joke that despite witnesses all saying that a single Pekingese was involved in a biting incident, the police rounded up six Irish wolfhounds.

That would make things clearer, but the information isn't to hand. Plus, what about the other demographic details. How much of this excess accusation is correlated with postcode, income and education level, and how much is correlated with being black?

Plus don't forget that these "racial murders" described in the Observer article run at about 6 per year, only 1 per cent of the UK murder rate, so it's not an epidemic.

G0ULI
14th Mar 2014, 08:48
The Met have apparently taken great pains over the last couple of decades to become more inclusive, attempting to recruit from all levels of society. There are no height limits, skin colour is not an issue, a criminal conviction is not necessarily a disqualification and LGBT candidates are encouraged to be open about their life choices to their colleagues. So it could be argued that the Met is now made up of a very representative cross section of society, particularly in London and the South East of the country.

So any criticism levelled against the Met is probably just as valid being levelled against society as a whole in that region of the country.

The Met has bad apples, the City has bankers, Westminster has MP's and the whole country displays a worrying lack of moral fibre.

cockney steve
14th Mar 2014, 15:45
LGBT candidates are encouraged to be open about their life choices to their colleagues.

Sure, that's going to work really well, isn't it.......
How much a year do we give these cnuts to come up with this crap?
I wouldn't pay the buggers with rusty washers.