PDA

View Full Version : FI(H) course books

ŽOS
7th Mar 2014, 20:41
Hi there!

Can anyone recommend any good books for EASA FI(H) preparation?

tu154
7th Mar 2014, 20:49
index - Helicopter Pilots Guide (http://www.helicopterpilotsguide.com)

Is pretty good.

Norman Deplume
8th Mar 2014, 08:07
I recommend:

The Private Helicopter Pilot's Guide by Steven P. Sparrow.

This is a very clearly laid out book with lots of pretty pictures, written and edited by knowledgeable people. It makes complicated subjects easy to understand and will be similar to the board briefs that you will be giving.

Also:

Read and understand "Principles of Flight" by Wagtendonk and a PPL Met book (read and understand one chapter at a time and do it thoroughly) and you will be in a really good position to excel on the course.

Buy a white board and practice explaining the above subjects at home to an imaginary student. Then you will see if you really know and understand these subjects. If you can explain it, then you know it. If you can't explain it, then you don't know it. Simple as that.

If you do the above, it will make your course less stressful and embarrassing, because subjects that you think you know now will bite you in the arse when you have to explain them in front of your peers and a CAA Examiner. Standing in front of people is not the time to find out you don't know your stuff as well as you thought you did.

I don't like posting on Pprune but I have to help you out, I wish somebody had told me the above before I did my FI course.....

I hope this helps you.

Good luck! :ok:

PS There are other good books out there, but get the above as a minimum.

ŽOS
8th Mar 2014, 11:13
Tu154 & Norman thanks a lot for you're reply's.

Norman, thanks big time for you're hints! I will use you're tips for sure!

Thanks!

Norman Deplume
8th Mar 2014, 23:15
You are very welcome mate, I'm very pleased we are of assistance to you.

Let us know how you get along.

I bid you farewell, there is the back of a parapet that I have to go back to hiding behind.

Edited to say: I am exiting this conversation, best of luck to you and good luck again, I'm sure you will do very well. "Roger out".

Adios amigo :)

whoofi
10th Mar 2014, 10:48
Hello

If you google there are a few good books available

In the web site of the FAA you can find at least one

- Helicopter Flying Handbook FAA-H-8083-21A

Check some websites that can offer you the manuals

-The Complete Flying Instructor
- Helicopter Flight Instructor Manual

If you need anyone say something

Regards

WASALOADIE
10th Mar 2014, 19:06
I know where there is a full set of Nordian ATPL books going. Latest edition (6.1)

Not sure what they want for it but can find out if interested.