PDA

View Full Version : Jägerbombs are bad for you

Nopax,thanx
7th Mar 2014, 19:31
Well, yeah, if you drink ten of them in one session; 18 year-old Jayde Dinsdale downed ten Jägerbombs in one evening, and ended up in hospital with cardiac arrest.

Jayde Dinsdale: Teenager had three cardiac arrests after drinking 10 Jagerbombs - Home News - UK - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/teenager-jayde-dinsdale-had-three-cardiac-arrests-after-drinking-10-jagerbombs-9174842.html)

Apparently it's all the fault of Red Bull, and she "Can't believe that these drinks are on sale" :ugh:

Great Satan's Ghost, girlie, did you really think that necking almost a dozen of these puppies wouldn't have some kind of ill effect? The mind boggles!

Mr Chips
7th Mar 2014, 19:53
Wow! Have we somehow created a society where, whatever you do, you can blame someone else...

Ms Dinsdale told the newspaper: “I think it is pretty bad that people sell these drinks. You’ve no idea how much caffeine is in them and how dangerous they can be.

You chose to drink them. You can tell exactly how much caffeine is in each bomb because you can see the amount of red bull in the glass!

500N
7th Mar 2014, 20:06
They know damn well how much caffeine is in the drinks - that's why most of them drink them in the first place !!! And if they don't, they must be deaf, dumb and blind - and I don't even drink the stuff, it's just general knowledge !!!

Almost a Darwin award candidate.

Lonewolf_50
7th Mar 2014, 20:47
500N, but why do you want her to move to Darwin? :confused: You have in mind a future op concerning a gullible young lady easily convinced to drink a few more than she really needs? :=

500N
7th Mar 2014, 20:51
No :O

I notice she's a blonde as well, albeit dyed !!

How many others eat and drink things without knowing what they are ??????

galaxy flyer
8th Mar 2014, 02:07

In Darwin at the end of the Wet, perhaps quite a few! :eek:

GF

LookingForAJob
8th Mar 2014, 05:25
She's worrying about the caffeine. But the 10 shots of 70° proof spirit don't seem to be an issue!

BN2A
8th Mar 2014, 06:10
Oh come on.... Who hasn't imbibed a dozen or so pints of finest lager, only to find the bag of peanuts (let alone a packet of salt & vinegar crisps) induces the hangover from Hades???

:ugh:

Erwin Schroedinger
8th Mar 2014, 06:17
...the heangover from Hades

'Heangovers' sound Australian to me.

Cacophonix
8th Mar 2014, 06:59
Well while drinking 10 Jägerbombs is not going to have a good outcome, a bad hangover being the least worst of those, the heart attacks in this case were most likely occasioned by the high caffeine content.

There are many non-alcoholic high caffeine drinks targeted at the 'younger generation' and any one of these beverages drunk in the same quantity might have resulted in the same bad outcome. The dangers of these drinks are not publicised enough. It seems bizarre that western society's aversion, both moral and legal, to stimulant drugs seems to excuse caffeine which in even relatively small amounts is highly toxic and addictive.

Even the innocent cup of coffee is not without a dark side. Men under the age of 55 who drink more than a seemingly benign four cups of coffee a day every week are at heightened risk of premature death from a variety of causes... (interestingly women are not).

Medscape: Medscape Access (http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/821863-overview)

All is not lost though as it seems that a cup of coffee per day might be a prophylactic as well in the sense that there is some evidence that it protects the liver to some extent from the effects of excessive alcohol consumption...

Anybody for another Irish coffee then?

Caco

probes
8th Mar 2014, 07:26
all of us. There's no way of knowing what might be in meat or milk (incl. packaging - gas and preservatives), not to mention nice colourful candy for kids.

Solid Rust Twotter
8th Mar 2014, 08:18
Almost a Darwin award candidate.

Not like ol' Charlie to miss one when he sets his sights on the hard of thinking.

sitigeltfel
8th Mar 2014, 09:00
There's no way of knowing what might be in meat

Indeed !

Steak laced with LSD (http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2014/03/07/meat-contaminated-with-lsd-sends-family-to-hospital/)

What puzzles me is that I would have thought that cooking the meat would have destroyed the drug?

Worrals in the wilds
8th Mar 2014, 09:26
I don't know, but LSD is a funny one. It's fat soluble (hence flashbacks) and IIRC it can last for years without degrading, so maybe the heat doesn't affect it.

Takan Inchovit
8th Mar 2014, 09:57
In Darwin at the end of the Wet, perhaps quite a few!

Usually pre-wet. Brake fluid comes to mind ... sorry, that was intentional IIRC.