PDA

View Full Version : YUL Bombardier accomodation

WTON
6th Mar 2014, 10:25
Hello, I am searching for accomodation at reasonable rates close to Bombardier Training area, any suggestions will be appreciated.

thanks for your help.

W

FLYDUS
6th Mar 2014, 10:52
I can recommend the Hilton Garden Inn just oppsite of Bombardier. Reasonable rates, nice rooms, good breakfast and a frees huttle to the airport and if it rains also to bombardier.......

Have fun

DCThumb
6th Mar 2014, 12:21
Try booking through bombardier, they may be able to get you a better rate! I prefer to stay in town in the marriott as there is nothing else around the training centre (apart from the 'purple palace'.....)

Jet Jockey A4
6th Mar 2014, 13:17
"Try booking through bombardier, they may be able to get you a better rate! I prefer to stay in town in the marriott as there is nothing else around the training centre (apart from the 'purple palace'.....)"

Purple or Pink? I always thought it was Pink and called the "Pink Palace" unless they changed its colour.

It's a local institution and as been there for as long as I have worked at general aviation at the airport (back to the late 70s)

Dan the weegie
6th Mar 2014, 20:20
The Hilton Garden Inn is a short walk from the training centre. There is a Marriott Courtyard in the Cote Vertu Mall are which is at least closer to a few more shops bars and places to eat out but you would probably want to rent a car for that. There really is nothing near the Hilton but they will take you to the Mall for free and pick you up as well. It all depends on how it is all being paid for and how long you plan on staying. Both are fine as hotels go :)

WTON
7th Mar 2014, 08:26
Thank you for the those tips, I am actually looking for a furnished flats, wifi, etc...I think it will cheaper.

robbreid
7th Mar 2014, 16:13
craigslist: montreal classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events (http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/)

Kijiji: Free Classifieds in Greater Montréal. Find a job, buy a car, find a house or apartment, furniture, appliances and more! (http://www.kijiji.ca/h-grand-montreal/80002?siteLocale=en_CA)

Yulaviation ? View forum - Montréal Area Airports/Aéroports de la région de Montréal (http://www.yulaviation.ca/viewforum.php?f=3)

WTON
8th Mar 2014, 05:53
Thank you Rob, well noted.:)

MLT
9th Mar 2014, 11:50
My preference is the Marriott Residence on Cote Vertu. It's less than 5 mins drive from BATC and GCC and it has a handful of restaurants and a shopping mall that are within walking distance.

Dorval Hotels | Residence Inn Montreal Airport, Hotels in Dorval (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/yulra-residence-inn-montreal-airport/)

I'm personally not a fan of the Hilton Garden Inn but it is just a short walk to BATC.

spidermonkey
23rd Mar 2014, 00:31
I second the Marriott Residence Inn. Rooms come with a kitchen so you can cook which if you're there for an initial makes it cheaper and also good if you don't like eating out every night. You'll need a hire car to get to the training centre but its a 5 min drive. Also close to supermarket for groceries and restaurants.

If you're going for an initial I wouldn't recommend staying in town. A couple of guys did this on my course and had a nightmare with traffic especially when the weather was bad.

spidermonkey
23rd Mar 2014, 00:32
Actually I think the Marriott might have a shuttle bus so would be worth checking if you don't want to hire a car.

MLT
27th Mar 2014, 12:15
The Marriott does indeed have a shuttle bus and that will take you to the training centre or the completion centre if required. You do need to call the hotel to book return journeys though.

MAVERICK#
28th Mar 2014, 00:42
spidermonkey & MLT

Both right guys and those great Marriott rewards points.:ok:

Mav

dirtyrat
28th Mar 2014, 04:14
Whilst I can't help with your accommodation, I can recommend :

Le Biftheque - Steak restaurant.
Address: 6705 Chemin de la Côte de Liesse, Saint-Laurent, QC H4T 1E5, Canada

The three of us went there about 5 times in 10 days. We stayed at the Marriott near there which was 'OK'