PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Exam Cheats

StevieTerrier
16th May 2002, 21:53
Following on from my earlier posting about stolen exam papers, whats the best / worst / most outrageous etc exam cheat, fiddle call it what you will you have heard of? I will start the ball rolling with this alleged one.

In the US a gang of Greeks dismantled one of the larger "whizz wheel" computers (CRP-5 is it?) by drilling the centre rivet out. They then put all the answers to the questions on the inside wheel (i.e. A,B,C or D) then re-assembled it. By aligning the windows in a given position, they could read off the correct answers for a given question number.

My own personal contribution, though not quite as clever as that one, was that we had a fire alarm during one of the CPL exams. Everybody was marched out into the playground / campus where we swapped answers until the all-clear was given, at which point we went back in and carried on, with suitable corrections.

Rob_L
16th May 2002, 23:05
Apparently the exam venue at Glasgow for CAA engineering exams has toilets separate from the room. Invigilators allow more than one candidate to go out at a time, I suppose they are all to honest to discuss the questions while out!!!!!!!!!

advancing_blade
17th May 2002, 08:15
When doing a written in Canada I was surprissed to find CCTV cameras focused in on the tables. I was told that one guy had written some of the formulae on the underside of the peakof his base ball cap, and was probabley caught going cross eyed too often :) (it was not me)

finalchecksplease
17th May 2002, 08:25
The story about the Greek gang modifying the CRP 5’s sounds untrue because the question numbers in the study books don’t necessary correspond with the question numbers in the FAA exam papers, well they didn’t in all the ones (five) I took.

EESDL
17th May 2002, 21:57
Ultimate exam cheat must be to get someone else to do it for you!

Was asked by a 'colleague' that I met during a 'crammer'. Several weeks after the exams, he 'phoned out of the blue, under the pretense of a job offer to ask me "What would it cost" (for me to do his retakes?@#)
Needless-to-say, I was slightly shocked, the wife 'phoned the CAA and that is probably why they have got stricter with the ID checks!

Lu Zuckerman
18th May 2002, 01:08
Just prior to starting a final exam in University the Professor addressed the class saying at Michigan State we operate on the honor system. He went on by saying that the professors have the honor and the students have the system.

:rolleyes: