PDA

View Full Version : QANTAS Says 'Bye Bye' to SPRINGBOK...

Ex FSO GRIFFO
5th Mar 2014, 00:10
QANTAS to discontinue its code share with 'Springbok'....

South African Airways secures Virgin code-share deal after being dumped by Qantas (http://www.watoday.com.au/business/aviation/south-african-airways-secures-virgin-codeshare-deal-after-being-dumped-by-qantas-20140305-346ab.html)

tmpffisch
5th Mar 2014, 07:20
Old old news

The Banjo
5th Mar 2014, 13:43
Regardless of your bickering, the loss of feed from BNE, SYD, MEL to PER for the Sith Ifricun sector is not insignificant and tilts the 65 line in favour of Virgin.

Not good.

tail wheel
5th Mar 2014, 19:57
Another incredibly smart Qantas management decision........

Qantas partner South African Airways hooks up with Virgin Australia - Flights | hotels | frequent flyer | business class - Australian Business Traveller (http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-partner-south-african-airways-hooks-up-with-virgin-australia)

Jack Ranga
6th Mar 2014, 04:13
Qantas alienating their customers? noooooo, really?

Al, booked another LA flight last night, I'm going with our national carrier, the non-whingeing and moaning one, Virgin Australia.

TBM-Legend
6th Mar 2014, 06:25
The only thing Australian with Virgin Australia is the last name. Overseas owners rule. Maintenance done offshore for the B777..

Wake up. Welcome to the Global Village...

People are acting about Qantas as if the Government owns it. It's a public company....

The Bullwinkle
6th Mar 2014, 06:42
The only thing Australian with Virgin Australia is the last name.

Oh, except of course for the pilots, cabin crew, engineers, ground staff........

TBM-Legend
6th Mar 2014, 07:01
From the Virgin Aus website

Non-residents
We are happy to consider non-Australian passport holders for most of our roles however we would typically look for either 12 months minimum permanent residency or a minimum 12 months remaining on your work visa.

We consider applications for sponsorship on a case by case basis however sponsorships would typically eventuate for positions where we are searching for a unique skill set and are finding it difficult to source from the Australian labour market.

The Bullwinkle
6th Mar 2014, 07:12
Non-residents
We are happy to consider non-Australian passport holders for most of our roles however we would typically look for either 12 months minimum permanent residency or a minimum 12 months remaining on your work visa.

We consider applications for sponsorship on a case by case basis however sponsorships would typically eventuate for positions where we are searching for a unique skill set and are finding it difficult to source from the Australian labour market.

Yep, we're absolutely being overrun with foreigners here at Virgin Australia!

Funnily enough though, everybody I know and work with here has Australian citizenship, pays Australan taxes, buys Australian homes, sends their kids to Australian schools and gets paid in Australian dollars!

Me personally, I am born and raised in Australia, and proud to work for Virgin Australia.

Jack Ranga
6th Mar 2014, 09:12
The only thing Australian with Virgin Australia is the last name. Overseas owners rule. Maintenance done offshore for the B777..

That's the same as Qantas isn't it?

At least Virgin Australia has a proud Australian as CEO.

Oh, I bet Qantas wishes they had 777's they could get maintained overseas ;)

Jabawocky
6th Mar 2014, 10:39
Another one JR?

Heck...you might as well move there :E

Yeah I just booked some more VA flights, and an extra night accom just so I did not have to go QF.

Sadly they were once my preference but have been screwed over once too often.....you know the deal.

RATpin
6th Mar 2014, 11:01
I'm frequently wrong-according to my wife,but don't Qantas "Maintenance Free A380's", get their C checks OS?

Ex FSO GRIFFO
7th Mar 2014, 15:15
This is the bit that originally caught my attention....

"The South Africa airline found out about the end of the deal via the media."

'Good consultation' between the 'partners'.....???