PDA

View Full Version : Sticky cookies....

Hussar 54
1st Mar 2014, 10:56
Given a new company machine a few months ago, running Windows 7....

Previous machine had cccleaner which I used to delete cookies, temporary files etc....But with this new machine I do this manually through the Explorer > Settings > View Files > Delete....

However, I have had two 'sticky' cookies for a few months now which won't delete -

@imrworldwide
@openx

And last night, looking on ebay, I seemed to have acquired yet another 'sticky cookie' which won't delete....

@adjug

Any help, please, on any other way to manaully delete cookies in Windows 7 ??

Thanks

gemma10
1st Mar 2014, 13:00
Better bet would be to download Jetcleaner. I find it cleans a lot more than Ccleaner

henry_crun
1st Mar 2014, 13:02
Can you rename them then delete? Move them? Edit them and disembowel? Delete or move the folder they've gotten into? Quarantine them? Where's Milo when we need him?

Cookies, Imrworldwide, and Nielsen Netratings: What's the*Connection? - Managing Technology - Dennis D. McDonald's Web Site (http://www.ddmcd.com/managing-technology/cookies-imrworldwide-and-nielsen-netratings-whats-the-connec.html)

Hussar 54
12th Mar 2014, 13:35
Henry and Gemma...

Thanks for the replies - would have thanked you sooner but forgot altogether that I had started this thread....

Gemma - can't download anything....Company issued machine, no admin rights, but I've had a look at Jetcleaner and will probably put it on to my own machine next time I'm back in Europe..

Henry - Thanks for the link....Seems I shouldn't be too worried, then....And no, these are .dat files which I can't open to edit....

But the reason for coming back to reopen the thread - just noticed that I now have a few other cookies which won't delete, and which reminded me....Including the @pprune.org cookie, so I assume that this is probably a Windows or, perhaps, even an Adobe problem rather than anything malicious....

I even tried this - emptied and then deleted the caches, but these stickies are still sticking....

Temporary Internet Files Folder location in Windows 7 | 8 (http://www.thewindowsclub.com/temporary-internet-files-folder-location)

BOSSIE
17th Mar 2014, 15:34
Can't you install CCleaner via USB drive?

lakerman
19th Mar 2014, 15:24
Can you start your computer in "Safe Mode" and then delete them or is that lane blocked on a company machine.

Hussar 54
21st Mar 2014, 16:19
BOSSIE....

Good thought - I'll try that next month when I get back to Europe....Problem here is that I need to get through the Admin Rights before I can save prgrammes or add-ons - HD or Stick...But Thanks....

LAKER....

Wanted to do that....But the Admin Rights require an Unlocker Code to be able to start in Safe Mode....

All a bit of a bugger, really....But up to now it seems that the only effect of these is that I appear to get always the same ads popping up whichever www I log on to....Including this one....So I asume that there is 'something going on' although a full Symantec sweep hasn't indicated anything malicious....

Ah well - not my machine and only personal stuff on it is some music tracks and photos....