PDA

View Full Version : SOJT provision in MOE

Xbass
28th Feb 2014, 16:09
Hey mates,

Just got my type rated application turned down by UK CAA, some time back due to lack of SOJT.

So somehow have convinced our Quality Department to include the SOJT Provision in our MOE.

The problem is, the department needs to be spoon fed on this issue. There are no part 145 organizations in my country at present with the SOJT provision and we would be the first one having it in our MOE!!!.

So kindly requesting all you guys to provide me with some guidance material, if possible, regarding the draft (Just the SOJT Portion).

I know it might be highly confidential so you may PM me or even mail me. A cut out of the exact MOE would be the best thing. So that I can edit it, tailor it to my company's needs and submit it to my department. You may blur out or omit the company's name, as you fancy because only the content is needed.

Any type of help on this matter would be highly appreciated.

Need to clarify some other things too..The regulation talks about a part 145 nominated Assessor who would sign off the SOJT entries. To my knowledge, an assessor is a person who holds a Senior Management Position in the company and whose name is reflected in the company's MOE. But does he need to be a CRS holder of the Type applied for? Is there any formal training and approval process for the Part 145 Assessor?

Also, heard that we need to have a designated company Log Book format with our company's name and the candidates name printed on it along with the tasks specified in the PART 66 Appendices...50% is to be covered during the OJT, has to be 4 months long and has to be accompanied by a certificate of completion by the Quality Manager at the end along with the First Type Rated application.

Just need legit confirmation on the above issues and unfortunately have a time constraint too http://www.pprune.org/images/smilies/frown.png. Our due date for the MOE renewal is just around the corner..approximately 2 weeks.

So need to wrap up things real quick!

Vets please help!!

Rigga
1st Mar 2014, 22:37
As written on AirMech:

"There are two (2) OJT requirements:

1. On completion of a Type Rating Theoretical Course the student should complete a Practical Element followed by Structured OJT in the Part 145 environment. A part 145 signatory (Type Rated) signs off the Structured OJT and passes the list to the Part 147 Assessor who must himself be Type Rated as previously stated. The assessor can then supply a Practical Element Certificate to the Student.

2. To supplement the Part 147 OJT - AND for the FIRST Type Rating only - The student must also supply a second record of OJT demonstrating the students Part 145 work experience over the past two years AND covering approx 50% of the Part 145 List (The List can be tailored by the Part 145 Company but (and this is where I think it falls down) must be acceptable to "the CAA") the list is also supervised and signed off by a T/R Engineer but then Assessed by the Signatory mentioned in the MOE/CAME - often the QAM or a QA Eng.

Unfortunately the two parts of the CAA (your local Surveyor and the ELD) don't appear to have the same briefing on what is required and so the list may be acceptable to one but not the other!

I hope this explains some of the pain the latest changes have brought."

...and you're welcome.