PDA

View Full Version : Jet2 2013/2014 Direct Entry

Harry palmer
28th Feb 2014, 09:17
Has Jet2 now covered this years recruitment? Did any experienced Non Type Rated First Officers get an offer?

A340rider
28th Feb 2014, 10:34
don't think so amigo..

B737 EFIS & NG Captain - UK Base-Latest Pilot Jobs-Latest Pilot Jobs (http://www.latestpilotjobs.com/jobs/view/id/3660.htm)

B737 Captains needed IMMEDIATELY for UK base-Latest Pilot Jobs-Latest Pilot Jobs (http://www.latestpilotjobs.com/jobs/view/id/1579.html)

Cont
28th Feb 2014, 10:49
I received an email offering a long term contract based on Alicante. I am a FO.

Narrow Runway
28th Feb 2014, 10:55
I went all the way up to Leeds for assessment.

Passed day 1 and was advised to wait for a date for day 2.

NTR DEC. Applied for 737, but have had previously flown 757 (a long time earlier).

Got 2 emails inviting me to attend a last minute cancellation sim (literally next day), which I couldn't attend due to short notice.

I explained that I needed a bit more notice, due to the long haul nature of my job. A nice HR manager called me a few days later and said that they were still interested and would be in touch.

Then, I never heard another thing.

In the end, I withdrew my application, mainly because I got tired of seeing adverts for contractors.

Shame, I would have very much liked to have joined, but as it turns out I have a far better rewarded, less hassle and less flying UK based job now.

Perhaps airlines should start to realise there is not actually a huge pool of unemployed captains waiting for a job in the north of England?

C'est la vie.

Harry palmer
28th Feb 2014, 10:55
Are you rated on the 737?

Cont
28th Feb 2014, 11:31
If you were asking if I am rated, then yes 1500 on type.

fa2fi
28th Feb 2014, 16:55
I don't think they'll be taking non TRd on for some time so I've heard. Which is a shame :ugh: I've got the job alert set up on their website, just incase.

heliusac
28th Feb 2014, 18:54
I know about 12 DEC non TR that have recently started or are shortly starting and a few F/O's too. All have no med or bigger jet experience.

Most candidates did their assessments/sim last summer and then heard almost nothing for months (some over 6 months) and then had a job offer.

With that in mind, if you have been assessed and heard nothing at all it's well worth keeping your application going and not withdrawing it.:ok:

captplaystation
28th Feb 2014, 19:45
How totally predictably standard /unprofessional "aviation" this whole outfit seems.

Heard a lot of bad bad stories about their HR Dept, I guess they are also in charge of recruitment.

Standard, need you at an interview tomorrow morning , then. . . . 6mths later "could you perhaps share how it went, please ? "

Piss-up in /Brewery/Organise a . . . . (rearrange)

If we pilots were as professional as the other lackies employed in the offices there would be no aircraft left to fly after the 1st week.

I suppose it won't stop them crucifying the poor :mad::mad: that planted it in FNC though :mad: :mad:

Trossie
28th Feb 2014, 21:26
You been on that cheap 'giggle juice' again?

(Two 'rants' in such short time!)

A and C
28th Feb 2014, 21:50
There are much bigger and better games in town than Channex !

Honiley
1st Mar 2014, 08:26
I understand it's still ongoing! I know a few with start dates who have better offers now!

I gave it a look, I'm 757 - T&C's not that great but seems a happy, friendly place to be - but obvious it works for those who are from/live around the NCL, LBA, and MAN bases only, commute a total miserable existence! And a winter of endless standbys...

Think I'll stick to Rubber Dog :mad:...

sk8erboi
1st Mar 2014, 11:20
You really must get rid of the angst inside you. You failed at the Jet2 recruitment stage. We know that. But your continuous bashing of them is sooooooo boring. Move on with your life. Rejoice in your newfound nirvana. But the sooner you get rid of the bitterness at being rejected by Jet2 the better for your own mental health sake.

4Screwaircrew
1st Mar 2014, 23:54
A and C did not fail recruitment at Jet2, he was a capable colleague for the years he was with us.

Artie Fufkin
2nd Mar 2014, 21:30
A and C did not fail recruitment at Jet2

According to A and C, he did. He never stops bitching about it.