PDA

View Full Version : Cx requires u to update ur iPad, iPhone

crewsunite
26th Feb 2014, 04:22
Apparently Cx requires us to upgrade our software on our own personal devices.

Sorry it's my device, if u would like me to have an updated one.
Buy me one!

Correct iceman those bought buy the co. Apologies

XFR8
26th Feb 2014, 05:50
I'm with with Dan.

Crewsunite ... Be very careful what you wish for. They own your phone/Tablet, they own you. :=:mad:

iceman50
26th Feb 2014, 07:15
Crews...

Perhaps you should read the notice, it was for CX provided devices.

SMOC
26th Feb 2014, 07:18
It's an Apple update nothing to do with CX they are just worried that the devices are open to security problems.

Not just CX security but your own.

Apple quietly issues iOS update to patch faulty SSL authentication (update 2: OS X patch coming) (http://www.engadget.com/2014/02/21/apple-ssl-update/)

777300ER
26th Feb 2014, 09:10
Be very careful guys. I am positive that this is a conspiracy between Apple and CX management to infiltrate our devices, take over our lives, and kill our pets. Avoid this update at all costs!!!

Yonosoy Marinero
26th Feb 2014, 11:58
Not to be worried. CX only provides devices to important employees, not pilots.

:E

ckalli
26th Feb 2014, 12:18
interesting topic.

I just read an article about people using personal devices at work. The fine print of the agreement you sign to use your phone at work, also states that when you leave your job ( or get fired ) they can remotely wipe your data.

when it comes to iphones/ipads , they can also remotely update your software using "apple configurator". it allows for mass management of iphones/ipads etc.

like some of the smart people mentioned earlier. use their device not yours.

Max Reheat
26th Feb 2014, 13:18
I saw an interesting one last week.
Met up with a BA mate. He has a Company ipad. It came pre-loaded with all the usual apps you would expect the Company to put on it... FCOMs, Navtech etc. it would update everything each time his device had a wireless connection.

The best part was, it had an app that gave him direct access to all current bookings on flights across the whole BA network. He was even able to access the Pax lists for each flight and then select the recent travel history of individual pax. Now, given the UKs anal approach to personal data I was astonished that an FO had real-time access to all this stuff. Btw... He didn't tell me this, he showed me.

Oh and BA apparently paid £170 per device.

AHHHH, to work for a company at the cutting edge of the industry like CX!

Kitsune
26th Feb 2014, 19:44
But CX are at the cutting edge... cutting pay, conditions and expectations every day in every way! :}

kenfoggo
27th Feb 2014, 01:42
I updated my iPad and the March roster disappeared! Cannot tell what I am doing the day after tomorrow!

crwkunt roll
27th Feb 2014, 02:14
March roster is gone. IMT don't know why yet.

crewsunite
27th Feb 2014, 04:27
Oh dear :cool:

So they need to employ another 100 contract IT GUYS to patch the holes in the system. Anyway at least they'll have some buffer to smoother out the issues with EFB. :{

Why not do things right 1st time :oh:

Thats not Cx SOP.
OIC sorry to apply logic..:}

asianeagle
27th Feb 2014, 10:09
They can't even get IntracX to work properly on a good day…how the F… will they be able to control your iPad anyway???