PDA

View Full Version : QF - Domestic Flights Using Intl Terminals (QF8)

Ejector
25th Feb 2014, 04:31
I was looking at some tickets as a full fare pax,

BNE to Asia

One of the Options is QF8 that is DFW-BNE (Dallas)

QF8 BNE (Intl Terminal) - SYD (Terminal 1)

with a connecting QF Intl flight out of Terminal 1 to Asia

All the other options ex BNE are from the domestic terminal to SYD Terminal 3

If I get QF8, what is the go with customs ? Do you need to clear customs in BNE and muck around redoing it again in Sydney? Can you check bags through to Asia form BNE in this case ?

DirectAnywhere
25th Feb 2014, 04:52
You get an orange 'D' sticker on your boarding pass that indicates you're a domestic passenger. Walk straight through customs and immigration at both ends. You would have to recheck in SYD for your international sector.

If you want to transit internationally then you'll be treated as an international pax ex BNE and use the transit facilities in Sydney meaning no customs formalities, just a security a re-screening (can't believe I said just, it's a pain in the arse).

Or just do like every other QF pax does and buy a ticket with EK or SQ ex BNE - far better option these days. :{

flitegirl
25th Feb 2014, 05:56
When you check in for QF008 BNE/SYD you will be checked through to your final Asian port and won't see your luggage until you arrive there. You will have your passport checked in BNE, then in SYD you will just do a transfer security check.

This is actually a much easier option if you do have to travel to Sydney for a flight. Much like the extinct QF082 ADL/SYD, which was great to then travel on to NZ, USA etc