PDA

View Full Version : Technical problem forces Tiger Airways flight to return to Adelaide

monarols
24th Feb 2014, 01:45
A Tiger Airways flight has been turned back to Adelaide this evening, after a technical issue was identified.

The flight bound for Melbourne landed safely at Adelaide Airport at 6:00pm (AEDT) with no injuries reported.

A Tiger Airways spokeswoman says it was not an emergency landing and at no time were the safety of passengers or crew compromised.
The plane is undergoing an engineers' assessment.
The flight has been cancelled.

Technical problem forces Tiger Airways flight to return to Adelaide - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-23/technical-problems-forces-tiger-airways-flight-to-return-to-ade/5278342)

Afterburner1
24th Feb 2014, 02:25
Incident: Tiger A320 at Adelaide on Feb 23rd 2014, engine failure (http://avherald.com/h?article=47073182&opt=0)

Ixixly
24th Feb 2014, 02:30
"after a technical issue was identified"
What was the issue with? The Engine
What issue was identified? It stopped working....
Gotta love the PR jargon... "Technical Issue"...

Tidbinbilla
24th Feb 2014, 05:36
Indeed. PPRuNe is a website for grownups - not 'twits'.

Therefore, there is no need to place an @ symbol in your post.

We get it :D

Now, back to the topic :)

Jack Ranga
24th Feb 2014, 06:27
Tankengine, surely you are at somewhere? At home maybe? :E

Captain Sand Dune
24th Feb 2014, 06:33
And................? So what.......?
So what?!?!:eek: My God man - don't you realize that the merest hiccup in a passenger carrying aircraft in Australia must automatically trigger a wave of media hysteria!!

amos2
24th Feb 2014, 07:00
Some many, many years ago at Adelaide airport an ex ww2 highly decorated bomber pilot lost an engine on T/O on a CV 440 ( the oldies will know what that is !)

They shut it down, did a circuit, and landed.

The skipper put in a 225 ( incident report ) which stated:

"Engine failed on take off "

DCA ( casa today ) wrote to the captain demanding more details.

The skipper wrote back:

"#2 engine failed on take off "

...and that was the end of the story!

Biggles78
24th Feb 2014, 07:11
Sorry, but in my mind it WAS an emergency. An engine was shutdown (not blown up as per stupid SLF :ugh:) so the HAD to land because if the other engine had failed they could have been stuck up there forever. :rolleyes:

Never get this sort of sensationalism when a car on the freeway blows a head gasket.

amos2
24th Feb 2014, 08:02
Is this for real?

"so they HAD to land because if the other engine had failed they could have been stuck up there forever. "

You mean like in permanent orbit?

Wally Mk2
24th Feb 2014, 08:22
'biggles' if a head gasket blew in peak hr traffic on the Monash carpark it would be a big deal, not the stuffed engine itself but the ramifications.
Engine not shut down I believe.
An engine spool down or intentionally brought back to idle for whatever reason shouldn't be a major event other than the original purpose of the flight is now superseded.

Wmk2

amos2
24th Feb 2014, 08:41
Why is this being compared to a blown head gasket in a car on the freeway?

Is this website about aeroplanes or motor cars?

And what are you on about Wally?

Get back into the LHS of your aeroplane and forget about the RHS of your car!

Wally Mk2
24th Feb 2014, 09:47
'amos2' I think perhaps you have missed the point I was trying to make but no matter as I don't envisage I get my point across to all here & I never make it personal.

Wmk2

galdian
24th Feb 2014, 11:04
Well the point you're all missing is:

- I am here writing the report;
- the aircraft is safe;
- the pax and crew are safe;

- So.... WHAT IS YOUR F**KING PROBLEM???

EOFS...IMHO

Cheers
galdian

Tankengine
24th Feb 2014, 12:41
My point exactly!:ok:

RENURPP
24th Feb 2014, 19:08
And................? So what.......?
my thought exactly, you beat me to it.