PDA

View Full Version : JMC to Tenerife

Lunar Landing
16th May 2002, 11:11
Going here for two weeks in July, and just wondering where the route will take us from EGKK. Going to the South of Tenerfie, and just a wild question...does anyone know or are part of the crew to be on the flight. Date- 12th July, 10 in morning ish. 757.

I hear Tenerife (what is the code for here?) has windsheres? What is it generally like at the airport?

Is it possible to pop up the front before/after the flight as my sister, 10, is flying for the first time and would be interested to see it. Also, she has a heart condition, and for the re-assurance of my mum, could someone explain what first aid requirments there are and what would happen should my sister have some problem. She has been cleared by Brompton Hospital, London, so this will prob not be an issue, but good to know the big picture.

(I HAVE REALISED THIS IS IN THE WRONG FORUM, SO PLEASE COULD IT BE MOVED. I APPOLOGISE FOR THAT).

Smooth skies

Dan :D

expedite_climb
16th May 2002, 14:01
The route depends very much upon the weather and (upper) winds on the day.

You will probably go on a Southampton departure initially - so relatively straight ahead off 26L, or a left turn to follow the M25 towards Guildford of 08R.

From Southampton over the channel towards the channel islands, and the crossing the brest peninsular.

Across the bay of biscay. Depending on slot/weather etc you will either route towards santiago, pretty much the most northwestern tip of spain and then off portugese coast southbound towards madeira islands, or you'll go slightly further east, and down through central portugal, coasting out somewhere in the region of faro.
From either way straight across the atlantic to the canaries.

The arrival for 08 (the normal runway) will bring you down the west side of the island and the the south side, at which point La Gomera usually passes down the RHS.

Yes TFS is windy, but so are all the Canaries, we all go there so often that it is not really a problem.

Rosters for flights in July don't come out until mid June.

If you need some advice on Medical Assistance then ask pre-flight. Give them a call at jmc airlines, Manchester airport, or contact your travel agent. All crew are first aiders, and we carry oxygen and de-fibulators on board, amongst many other things.

The rules are (unfortunately) that no visits are allowed unless family or crew, even on the ground. Write a polite note though, and you might get a look in.

Hope this helps !

rex
17th May 2002, 06:10
Hi

Just got back from Tenerife 2 weeks ago. Brilliant! I was staying at a golf course about 5 miles west from Reina Sofia Airport, nearly under the flight path. Goodd weather, good food, good surroundings and aircraft. A holiday in heaven.
If you are into taking photos, there is a North/South road to Los Abrigos west of the airfield, and about halfway down there is something to do with the landing system (a concrete blockhouse painted red and white). A great place for photos. The aircraft are probably about 200'-300' straight above.

Have fun and do go up Mount Teide. Breathtaking!

REX:)