PDA

View Full Version : RYR Base Transfers

pilot3103
20th Feb 2014, 13:59
Hi there,
Seems to be that people are moving to different bases at the moment, does anyone, who works for the company, know if this is mainly FOs getting the transfers at present or are captains managing to get transfers as well or still waiting? Maybe processed once FOs have been moved?
Thanks in advance

Shooting_Star
20th Feb 2014, 19:17
Transfers are done for both FO/Captains, Mainly for new bases opening by summer. Dont expect your favourite base soon though...

pudoc
20th Feb 2014, 20:13
Mainly SFOs, but regular FOs are also getting the bases they want. I think it's Ryanair's initiative to stop people fleeing to Norwegian.

Skyjob
20th Feb 2014, 20:55
Internal recent poll requested those who were not in a base of preference to make their preferred base known, seems to work for many.

pilot3103
20th Feb 2014, 21:40
Thanks for the replies, only ask because I have only heard of FOs moving so far and nothing on captains, hoping to be transferred myself.

pilot3103
28th Feb 2014, 14:15
Wondered if anybody has heard of any transfers today please? Only because i am hoping for a transfer and thought there might still be a chance? Thanks

OutsideCAS
28th Feb 2014, 14:32
To get the best transfer option, click the link below;

Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA - APPLICATION CONTRACT PILOTS (http://norwegian.easycruit.com/vacancy/913761/12113?iso=gb)

pilot3103
28th Feb 2014, 14:35
Haha not a bad option, thinking going that way, so many people have gone to NAS must be a big impact especially as summer is round the corner!

Papa_Golf
28th Feb 2014, 14:36
I've been told that base I requested is "fully crewed", and a couple of days later the called other pilots for that specific base.
:ugh:

pilot3103
28th Feb 2014, 14:43
Its frustrating when that happens, there 'could' be a list but where you are on it is a mystery! And they won't tell you where you are on it, then move someone once line training is completed, whether it's FO line training or the command upgrade, when they need someone in a certain base which fills the base again. Oh well, still hope

Papa_Golf
28th Feb 2014, 14:50
It's funny because I applied for that base the same day it was announced, then completed the moodle survey... And they say they don't use seniority. Probably the pick up people randomly...

pilot3103
28th Feb 2014, 14:53
Yeah probably or alphabetical order, who knows! Haha

SD.
28th Feb 2014, 16:45
The lack of a fair and transparent base transfer list was one of my major factors in leaving FR. Oh, and some annual leave would have been nice, not just 3 days here and there.

pilot3103
3rd Mar 2014, 09:36
There just doesn't seem to be a fair system in place, whether it may be seniority based or another reason, I am in quite a desirable base but want to change for personal reasons and the commute is too much in the summer, I am lucky I am on a 5/4 roster as I feel sorry for some people on the 5/3 in the summe who want to commute.
It would also be nice to have a date when the transfers will be done by, to put people's minds at rest for the time being and also for managements sake to stop people calling up whilst they are trying to sort bases out.

monkeyferret777
7th Mar 2014, 06:38
Has any Captain had any joy with this moodle swap yet?

boqueron
7th Mar 2014, 06:54
Still not heard of any captains getting the transfer, I have applied to get out of one of the unpopular bases to another not so popular base (but for me is home). Then I hear some CU guys got sent there very recently, but apparently "it's full". Add that to all my requested days of A/L being denied last week ...

monkeyferret777
7th Mar 2014, 07:29
Mmmm I've heard the same. Unbelievable

737 Jockey
7th Mar 2014, 07:52
Sadly, there's no rocket science involved here. Ryanair have always used the (non) base transfer system to their advantage. They use emotional blackmail against those pilots who want/need to be in a specific base for personal/family reasons, and will use it as a means to lower T&C's, for example, a new command upgrade, already on 90% salary, so you want to return to xxx base? no problem, that'll be another year on 90% salary, cheers!

If you want STN or DUB, my advice is to apply for RAK or FEZ, then buy an apartment there, and I guarantee, you'll get your base transfer the very next day! Or you can hope that Ryanair falls out with the local authority/airport, throw their toys out the pram, and close the base, giving you first dibs on other bases!

I hope you all get what you want. I know how :mad: it is, when you're stuck hundreds of miles away from home, without a clue of when you'll get back.

:ok:

pilot3103
7th Mar 2014, 14:54
737 Jockey- very fair comment! I still haven't heard of the Moodle system working, I hope that people start to hear if anything changes, if I hear anything about any captains I will let people know, FOs seem to have moved but that was down to the normal base transfer system, see what happens then!!

Captain-Random
7th Mar 2014, 15:59
A chap I know had a 'beer' with the right person and a week later he got a call telling him to move from Spain and report to his new Base up North' in 6 weeks time.

pilot3103
10th Mar 2014, 12:03
That doesn't surprise me! Heard a few captains have been getting a call to move bases recently but doesn't seem to be many moving though, probably just don't hear about it!!

pilot3103
5th Apr 2014, 10:13
Anyone know if transfers are still happening please? I have heard of some people moving to bases within the last week or so, all FOs though, thanks for any help in anticipation. Seems quite late as the summer schedule is kicking in, looks like a busy summer coming.

Widebdy
6th Apr 2014, 18:56
pilot3103 I think there is another ryanair pilot forum where you will get much more information about your query? Not really sure why this discussion is on PPRuNe?

pilot3103
6th Apr 2014, 23:02
True, will be having a look thanks, haven't been on it for a while so will have a look. Cheers 3103

Aerofoil
6th Apr 2014, 23:58
I can only commend the guys/gals who have managed to get the RPG as big as it is and with all the people leaving for better companies you start to see, possibly, the beginnings of change. My only hope for everyone in the industry is that people continue to take the past treatment as a given in Ryanair and continue to leave to better their future regardless of the new 'nicey nicey policy' now that its starting to hurt them in the pocket. You all deserve a pat on the back and i think a lot of pilots in other airlines would see it the same!

To quote a famous film...'i just wanted to say...we're all counting on you!' :ok:

kick the tires
7th Apr 2014, 03:12
Aerofoil.... :ok:

pilot3103
7th Apr 2014, 09:12
Likewise, well said!