PDA

View Full Version : Catalogue price for a Robinson R44

Rwy in Sight
20th Feb 2014, 11:48
Some colleagues sent me an ad for a 2005 Robinson R44 at 350.000 €. They are wondering how much it costs new (and as a bonus I like to tell them the waiting period between order and delivery).

Any ideas - we are talking the basic version.

Rwy in Sight

aviationunlimited2
20th Feb 2014, 13:42
$448K; Roby probably has some of them sitting around, or at longest, a few months lead time. There are safer aircraft that can be bought used if price is the only consideration.

Spindryer
20th Feb 2014, 14:57
New R44 Raven I - $367,000 delivery from July in UK.

New R44 Raven II - $447,000 delivery from June in UK.

Lots of options available in addition.

Prices are 'basic' as requested, also need to add c$50,000 for extras including air freight.

VAT to be added.

Rwy in Sight
20th Feb 2014, 17:42
Many thanks for the answers. It is good to reconfirm that PPRuNe is a reliable source of knowledge.

Just two questions: what are the disadvantages of buying a machine stored by the manufacturer? I guess Robinson did prepare them for storage and delivers them without any outstanding AD!

Also what is "air freight"?

Rwy in Sight

Spindryer
21st Feb 2014, 10:31
On the very few occasions RHC has a cancelled order the helicopter will be kept in dry storage and if necessary run-up periodically. It's unlikely a cancelled order will be there for more than a week as the market is now quite strong and the products are sold worldwide.

Airfreight - once completed and air tested an aircraft for the UK will have its blades and tail cone removed and boxed in a wooden crate. The hull is then put into a separate box (the boxes are of a very solid wooden construction) and the pair will be sent on a truck to LAX and then flown by 747 to the UK. The crates are then sent to the distributor in another truck for reassembly, another series of air tests and UK registration.

Best