View Full Version : Instructors plese answer!

abby001
18th Feb 2014, 21:45
good day.
well i have a question for instructors in south africa, i would be so grateful if you could help me out.
when a grade iii instructor upgrades to grade ii, he can do PPL and Night Rating checkrides, so my questions are, do you get paid more than just a usual dual flight for a test? and also does your salary increase as you become a grade ii? i mean in terms of hourly rate that they pay!

and also can someone please help me with average pay per hour at the moment in SA?!

once again, thanks for reading and please drop me a line if you can help me with these infos!

trg
28th Feb 2014, 08:44
It all depends on the flight school that you work for. Even if you upgrade and become a GR II you won't necessarily start doing flight tests until you become a senior instructor within the company.

As far as pay goes, yes it does increase slightly. This also depends on the company. Some schools give their instructors basic salary's and then a small fee per hour, or alternatively you will get no basic and a much higher hourly rate.

Either way don't expect much.

abby001
3rd Mar 2014, 09:12
@trg (http://www.pprune.org/members/365314-trg)
thanks for your reply, i know the pay is not gonna be much, but is it gonna be enough to have a decent life for a single person? gonna be located in JHB!