PDA

View Full Version : BBJ Captain & FO Salary in Saudi

UFO999
18th Feb 2014, 15:02
Hi,
Can anyone tell me what is the average pay for BBJ based Saudi?

Cruiseclimb
6th Mar 2014, 23:25
Depends on several factors.. Are you based there, or commuting. Where will you live while you are there. What city are you in.. All important factors. The worst situation is, based there full time, and in a crappy compound.. Some are good places, such as Kingdom compound in Riyadh. If you are a Capt, on for a full 11 out or 12 months, I would ask for $180-$220k. For 30/30, I would ask for $125-$150k..

mutt
7th Mar 2014, 17:57
For 30/30, I would ask for $125-$150k.. Unfortunately the last guys that i heard who accepted jobs got $8,000 per month :(

noneya
7th Mar 2014, 21:38
$8,000 a month :ugh:

Down the toilet we spiral!

wondering
8th Mar 2014, 15:41
Second hand intel mentioned a G450 F/O working in the Emirates making USD 12K. Not the same plane but roughly in the same ballpark. Would/should this be more realistic?

mutt
9th Mar 2014, 13:53
G450 F/O working in the Emirates making USD 12K Depends on if this includes housing or not, the Saudi figure is exclusive of housing.

wondering
9th Mar 2014, 14:01
Think it excludes housing and is based full time in the UAE.

B200Drvr
10th Mar 2014, 01:16
The G450 and the BBJ are not even close to the same ballpark!!

Its about supply and demand. There are thousands of rated BBJ/737NG pilots that are available, and very few airframes in the corporate sector, on the other hand, there are a few hundred G450's and maybe a few more current rated G450 pilots. The 737 rating costs about $12000 and the 450 about $35000.
Basically, if you have lots of qualified pilots available for a position, the salary goes down, if you have to do something to attract a pilot away from His/Her current position because you cannot find a suitable qualified candidate, the money goes up!!!
It will be very rare to find an "airliner" pilot making the same as a dedicated Bizjet pilot in the Corporate setup at the top level. Just statistics, thats all.

wondering
10th Mar 2014, 10:44
As for the 'ballpark', at least for the US the salary survey of ProPilot puts both in the same category. http://www.dtek.us/salary/PP_2013_SS.pdf

Of course, supply and demand is an issue. If too many 737 drivers are trying to get out of the loco treadmill that will certainly put downward pressure on conditions. On the other hand, I hear of Gulfstream and Global pilots out of work and looking for a new gig. I reckon, it all depends how desperate someone is.

FrankR
10th Mar 2014, 14:02
Just to set the record straight Mr. Wondering, there are zero qualified global or G550 pilots out of work... Last time we hired, we had to choose from a list of guys who wanted a break into the G world, and we offer great pay schedule and all the rest.

Qualified refers to adequate total time, time on type, international experience, and reasonable personality with only minor character flaws...

FR

wondering
10th Mar 2014, 18:59
@FrankR,

if you donīt mind, based in which country? I know a G550 left seater who had to move to the right seat to keep flying. Heīs just not a US passport holder. Of course, I am just guessing your nationality.

Oh, and frankly, that sounds like good news for the job market. Just maybe companies have to think about investing in ppl again and not poaching type qualified folks from other operators. (Not saying your company is doing that)