PDA

View Full Version : Firefox update will disable my Kaspersky banking thingy.

Loose rivets
15th Feb 2014, 07:19
I've told FF 'Never check for updates' but the first thing I see is another invitation to load 27xx. Ask later is the only No button.

Is there anything else I can do to bar it from pestering me until they fix the issues. ( It was FF that said Kaspersky wouldn't work and promised a fix soon)

Avtrician
16th Feb 2014, 10:10
Hmm,

I would think that the issue would be with Kapersky, not Firefox. Its a bit like saying that your car is no longer compatible with the airbags. Kapersky should be working on their add on for Firefox.

Loose rivets
16th Feb 2014, 17:56
You'd think so, wouldn't you, but the wording made it sound as though FF was working on a fix.

Thinking about it, with a big name like Kaspersky handling serious issues, I imagine FF would feel obliged to make sure things were made to work again. After all, it was them that moved the goal posts.

rgbrock1
17th Feb 2014, 14:59
Loose:

I feel your pain however, add-ons and their compatiblity to any web browser, is the responsibility of the add-on author and not the Mozilla Foundation, in the case of FF.

Not too long ago FF disabled the Flash add-on due to incompatiblity and security concerns. That's up to the despicable Adobe Corp. to fix, not Mozilla.