PDA

View Full Version : How much do I pay for a fast jet ride?

solotk
15th May 2002, 16:23
I've just been pondering today, who I have to pay/talk to, to get a fast jet ride? Say, an hour or so, is it even possible? I see numerous celebs and press and other peeps getting a fast jet jolly, and I wondered if it was possible?

Unfortunately to date, the only FJ time I have, is courtesy of the Polish Air Force, and that was only because I was relieving them of the responsibility of looking after several of their Jets back in the early 90's :D

So is it possible?

Tony
(With maybe the glimmerings of a business idea)

STANDTO
15th May 2002, 16:54
deja vu. This thread was up a few weeks ago.

Answer still same

Convert pounds to Rand

Go to South Africa

Ask for a bloke called Mike Beachyhead

get directions to Thunder City

Select either lightning or Buccaneer

depart company with cash

solotk
15th May 2002, 17:18
Mike has some awfully nice metal on the ramp down there, and it would be worth combining it with a holiday....

However, I had a Hawk trip in mind, or slumming it in a Tucano;)

It's just a personal thing, I suppose, just regretting throwing my toys out of the pram at OASC , and wondering if itwas possible to get a trip in my logbook, that didn't say......

Duty: Pax; Tristar/Albert/Wessex/VC-10

Tony :0)

Navy_Adversary
15th May 2002, 17:57
SOLO If you are serious, you can have a ride in a Mig29 for 14K usd, a bit less for other types, or you can have a Yak52 airfield attack for 675us.
check out
www.ifpa-fly.com
There is an L39 at Marathon airport Florida for a reasonable amount, or a T33 in Utah for about 500usd, if you want further info e-mail me direct.
I managed a JATO with the Blue Angels Fat Albert and it didn't cost anything :D :D :D

A Grey Man
15th May 2002, 19:46
Solotk.......check your e-mail, possible option waiting for you......I think this will be pretty near what you are looking for ;)

kbf1
15th May 2002, 21:18
Go to Space City in Mother Russia, part company with $15million US and take a trip to outer space. Can't get much faster than that.

solotk
15th May 2002, 21:46
Grey Man,

That is so cunning , you can put a tail on it , and call it an Arctic Stoat, it's far to cunning to be a mere weasel :D

Wish I'd thought of it before, I wonder if I can start selling rides on their behalf? Maybe get more paid flying hours for squadron bods?

Tony

LRRP
18th May 2002, 02:57
Seems to me that there are plenty of options for people looking to fly Jets.

I bought a share in a JP5 which was fairly cheap and it outperforms the L39 and it has oxgen so can get high.

L39 costs a little more but it feels good and I think it looks way better than the Jp.
Perhaps it is not as fast as a real fast jet but I got from North Weald to Elvington (York) in 27minutes and North Weald to Kemble in 17minutes and 15secs so it seems fast enough for me.

I beleive there are some shares in a Hawk at kemble and probably a Hunter as well.

Buy the shares, Fly the jet until you've had enough, Sell the shares.

Too expensive ???
Phone a friend who has one and ask him or a ride.

Lima Juliet
18th May 2002, 09:56
For Info

We charged the Italians approx £27,000 per hour for flight training in the Fin. Maybe that will give you an idea for a FAST Jet not subsonic Hawks/Tucanos (Same as an L29/Yak52 effectively).

Your other option is to become incredibly famous, aka Damon Hill, Katy Hill (Blue Peter) or maybe just change your name to Hill - seems to work with the F3 OCU.

Alternatively, get a sex change and go to the Falklands - they get pax trips in Fins all the time (Can leave a bad taste in the mouth! ............................................................ ..............For the guys serving down there at the same time you perverts!).

LJ:rolleyes:

Talking Radalt
18th May 2002, 11:50
Katy Hill....."incredibly" famous?
Nice tits cute arse and a sweet smile maybe.
Another option is to become a junkie/jedi and have family connections, then fly in the name of "PR" or do like that mayoral bird who went up in a two seat Jag (?) recently and near enough had a heart attack when the thing went off the runway.:D

Chairborne 09.00hrs
18th May 2002, 12:23
Back in the good old days, didn't being Mayor of Grimsby qualify you for a Lightning jolly (whether you wanted one or not?).

So - going into local politics near a Station might be a cheap route to a FJ ride................

AquaPlane
18th Jun 2002, 12:38
How about http://www.hawkerhunter.co.uk or http://www.fastjetrides.co.uk - same place.

Aq

caspertheghost
18th Jun 2002, 19:09
If you want you can do mine tomorrow for me. Get up at 6 and plan for three hours, get messed around by the weather and postpone the trip for an hour, decide to go at the last minute until the aircraft breaks, take a spare, then after all that hassle spend an hour of sheer hell at low level getting moaned at from the guy in the back while trying to cope with numerous "injects" to test your capacity.
I`ll sell it cheap!

JWH
19th Jun 2002, 08:50
Caspertheghost - please don't complain about the hardships of FJ training. There's a lot of guys around like myself who desperately want to be in your position but ofr a variety of reasons can't be.
I've been to OASC, passed aircrew aptitudes was offered a place in any of the comissioned 'trades' except pilot and nav due to being a wee bit short sighted. Sadly, all I wanted was pilot (for many reasons) and thus I can never have the oppertunity to follow my dream.
I don't want to sound condescensing (despite he fact I am doing:D) but for ****s sake stop whinging!

Barn Doors
19th Jun 2002, 11:14
JWH

I do believe that Casper was probably being a little sarcastic, as opposed to doing a full on whinge! We do that from time to time. It's a lot of hard work, but I for one relish the rewards every time I fly. A priviledge, and I realise it only too well.

PS - you're not WEBF under a new name are you?!:)

BD

Piggies
19th Jun 2002, 17:11
You can have mine for nothing if I'm programmed to fly on Friday morning......................

caspertheghost
19th Jun 2002, 19:01
JWH

I wasn't complaining about FJ training, just having a gentle dig at how damn hard it is. I love my job and couldn't see myself doing anything else (legally!). It's just that sometimes we need to let the stress out in the form of sarcasm/banter/general immaturity.

Sorry to hear you couldn`t fly, hope you do find a job in the air in one way or another.

Regards, Casper.

JWH
20th Jun 2002, 11:59
Sorry guys - was having a bit of a bad day yesterday adn the green eyed monster emerged;), that post was rather uncalled for:eek:. I just have a wee sore spot about not being able to fly (although i obviously understand the reason why) and it's compounded by the fact that I'm .25 diopters too blind to go civvy too. (I was aware i'd fail OASC aircrew before I went but I wanted to see if they'd have me as anything else before I decided if I wanted to do any other trades.)

Anyhow - you're lucky guys doing a fantastic job. Makes me proud whenever I see something fast and pointy turning and burning at low level.

Dimensional
20th Jun 2002, 16:43
Just as an aside -- recently been down to Culdrose on a jolly (Potental Officer's Course) and was told of the possibility of a trip in the FRADU Hawks (mil hawks, civvie company, civvie pilots).

Anyone know how I might go about this?

Cheers