View Full Version : UK Class one needed or not in India

AtomKraft
10th Feb 2014, 04:44
Question.

If one is an ex-pat pilot, in my case a UK one, working in India on a FATA, what do you need medical- wise?

I recently did my sim in a suitable sim with a CAA approved TRE.

On the standard LPC completion form there is a box to enter the expiry date of ones UK Class One. No validity= no LPC.

I'm required to have an Indian medical very soon, but my UK medical will run out later this month.

Now the DGCA will be ok as long as I've got my Indian medical, and I know I'll need a UK medical by my next sim......

But does my UK medical NEED to be valid when I fly in India?

itsbrokenagain
10th Feb 2014, 07:30
Your fata is simply a validation of your foreign license to allow you to use it to fly in India, so you must always have a current medical for the UK at all times...in addition to a current Indian class 1.

AtomKraft
10th Feb 2014, 07:33
It's broken

That's the conclusion that I reached also: My UK license is only valid with a UK class One, so I need one.

So now I need two medicals. :rolleyes:

captjns
10th Feb 2014, 09:15
Its the same if flying on a validation in any country. Home State medicals are not required when countries issued full unrestricted certificates.

smiling monkey
10th Feb 2014, 10:08
So now I need two medicals.

Welcome to life as an expat pilot.

AtomKraft
10th Feb 2014, 10:13
Thanks Smiley.

I'm kinda new to this ex pat malarkey.....:uhoh:

itsbrokenagain
10th Feb 2014, 14:12
But its good as every 6 months you get a trip home! Pros and cons.

Welcome to the adventure, I just hit my 5th year in paradise and still enjoying it.

AtomKraft
10th Feb 2014, 17:26
It's broken

Sheesh! I couldn't agree more.

It's a bloody wonderful life once you leave the UK.

I'm utterly loving it. Never been better paid, less stressed, warmer and healthier or happier. Or enjoyed the flying more. It's so relaxed here.

Wish I'd done it 10 years ago- and as you say, getting a wee adventure thrown in for nothing!

I'm never going back.