PDA

View Full Version : 787-8 - How Are You Finding It?

Tray Surfer
8th Feb 2014, 22:19
Hello All…

I have been working on the 787-8 now for about 7 months and am enjoying it a lot.

I am wondering if anyone else on here is working on it now, and how you are finding it?

Of course, every operator will do things differently in the cabin, and config will differ massively from airline to airline, but in general terms etc.

Our are being brought in as a direct replacement for the 767-300, and although I still enjoy working on the 767, I much prefer the 787. We are only doing east coast US for the moment with it, but start a longer route in March, and although the flights we are doing now are all less than 8 hours, I still get off the aircraft feeling a lot less dry and with a much more clear head. We do find that we have to be a lot more careful with noise. Both in terms of conversations and noise in the cabin and galley etc.

The passenger reaction seems to be pretty good. I have not personally had any negative reaction from passengers, although have heard a few colleagues who have had some negative things expressed to them.

So, if there are others on here who are working on it… How are you finding it?

Regards,

TS :)

Tray Surfer
18th Feb 2014, 02:29
Ah well… It was worth a go.