PDA

View Full Version : Long flights with 3 pilots, how is flight time logged by each of them?

Victo
8th Feb 2014, 21:24
Hello, could anyone please tell me how does it work for the logging of flight time in long range flights with "reinforced crew", one PIC and 2 SIC? Do the three of them log the flight time or is it shared? I'm talking comercial flights, JAA rules.

Pontius
9th Feb 2014, 06:37
PIC logs all hours PIC. The other two log P2/co-pilot (whatever is in the log book) for their time spent in the driving seat i.e. when they're not sat down the back sleeping or watching movies. Time on the jump seat doesn't count for anything unless you want to write it in 'other' just to keep a tally but it does not count towards flight time.

Victo
9th Feb 2014, 08:19
Thank you very much for your answer, Notwhatithadplanned and Pontius. It was only curiousity after a conversation with a friend.

Klimax
9th Feb 2014, 12:26
PIC log all the time - whether in the seat or not - the rest log's the actual time in the seat as P2 or whatever. But ONLY the designated PIC can log the whole flight time.

mutt
9th Feb 2014, 14:52
Interesting as in the FAA 121 world, ALL would log 100% of the time as they are required crew.