PDA

View Full Version : BMI to fly to MAN -LAX/SFO?

R998SEG
15th May 2002, 14:56
Hi I heard a rumour recently that bmi is hoping to fly from MAN - LAX/SFO. Probably false, but if anyone has also heard anything about this, then let us all know.

Ringwayman
15th May 2002, 15:18
Probably just the resubmission of their existing CAA applications. Don't think we'll be having additional bmi long-haul activity from MAN for the next couple of years at least.

ops gal 1
15th May 2002, 20:30
Pity:(
Recently travelled to Ord from Man with BMI. Best long haul flight i have ever had. Very professional service wonderful flight.
An airline i would certainly recommend to anyone i know going to ORD.

captchunder
16th May 2002, 13:46
Hottest rumours at the moment are MAN-LAX/SFO as you rightly suggest, or LHR-Toronto. Expecting some sort of announcement VERY soon: the Bmi board are deliberating! As for route licences, Bmi has one for just about everywhere, so no clues there.

Glad you enjoyed the service, ops gal. Bmi needs to get some more routes under way though. With one A330 sat at MAN in a non-charterable config, and another awaiting delivery in Toulouse, they could be facing some very expensive parking permits!:eek:

jocko0102
17th May 2002, 12:37
Get the spare a/c working and the one awaiting delivery.As far as i know the Man services are getting better all the time and cargo carried is taking them near the top of the table for transatlantic carriers.What luck to start your new services and then the world goes tits up!

MarkD
17th May 2002, 13:33
Aren't AC a Star partner? Wouldn't they be miffed at BMI going on the route? Can't see them needing capacity just now... of course if it forced down BA's price on the route I'd be happy :D