PDA

View Full Version : B1.1 Type Rating

Xbass
7th Feb 2014, 20:21
Hey Everyone,

I dunno if this question or anything similar was posted earlier. Atleast i didn't find it.

Just recently, I got my Basic License from UK CAA and they turned down my Type rating application for the following reason -

"The structured OJT evidence for the first type rating has not been submitted and does not comply with EU Commission Regulation 1149/2011."

Well the funny thing is I did submit my OJT logbook. It was done by a Greece institute which is a Part 147 approved organization. All the entries of the logbook were signed by the approved assessor and the logbook complies very much with the Part 66 & Part 147 standards.

The only glitch is that the OJT was not conducted in a Part 145 approved maintenance organization but was conducted in an CAR 145 Organization (India DGCA Standard).

But i dont think that should matter cuz the 1149/2011 regulation was issued in AUG 2012 and is effective from AUG 2013. Any Type course completed prior to the applicable date is 'Grandfathered'. In that case the newly induced "Structured OJT" for the first type rating is not required. My OJT was done in the month of JAN 2011, so a normal OJT which was approved back then should suffice. If Im not mistaken.

Does UK CAA accept/recognize Greece credentials?

Kindly help me in this matter as to whether I am wrong or not. If I am right, what is the best way to appeal to them?

Tried calling them. but the guy on the phone said I should e-mail to eldweb. Tried emailing but didnt get any response till now.

HELP!!!

TURIN
7th Feb 2014, 23:25
They take weeks and weeks to reply from ELDWEB.

The EASA level playing field is not as level as it should be. :eek:

Xbass
8th Feb 2014, 06:13
Thank you sir for your response. I have noted the same.

But how should I proceed in this particular case?

airlineguy1980
9th Feb 2014, 14:55
I m in similar boat. The structured ojt should uk part 145 or uk caa audited easa 145. It also should be in their easa moe. To add a twist uk need 4 month ojt. Which is impossible for anyone outside easa land

airlineguy1980
9th Feb 2014, 14:57
If you are interested in it.we found a loop hole. But cost you a lot of money and time. Don't ask what is it in forum mail me

Xbass
10th Feb 2014, 15:08
Ok lemme sum it up real quick and easy

My first type training OJT Completion - Jan 2012

EU Commision regulation 1149/2011 - issued Aug 2012 and effective Aug 2013

My Application date - Nov 2013

So is my OJT grandfathered? Do I need a structured OJT or not?

Thanks a lot for your replies and help.

yellowtails
30th Nov 2014, 15:12
hi,

have u endorse your 1st type rating yet?

Regards,

Yellowtails