PDA

View Full Version : How do I apply for B1 restrictions removal?

gsy boy
7th Feb 2014, 19:04
I have done the restrictions course, but if I wait for my company to sort out my application I'll will be a very old man. To those who have successfully applied, what forms to I need, and what/how much works experience do they require, and do they want a proper log book or do you put it all on application form? Many thanks in advance for any tips.

TURIN
7th Feb 2014, 23:27
Do you mean restrictions from a basic B1-1 or a type rating?

mainwheel
8th Feb 2014, 04:18
What country, what authority?

gsy boy
8th Feb 2014, 17:37
Sorry, I really should read my thread before posting, I'm in the UK and have an EASA part 66 B1.1 and am looking to lift the 1 and 9 restrictions. As I said I have passed the course and my company was going to sort out the application process, but it hasn't happened so really need to start things off myself, thanks

munster
8th Feb 2014, 19:26
I removed my restrictions 1 and 9 about 8 years ago. IIRC, I submitted my exam passes, the fairy bits of CAP 741 and a bunch of worksheets to remove my type restrictions as well. The log book assessor rules have changed recently. You now require approved assessors to sign your experience off. Some guys have also done electrical hand skills courses too. There must be someone who's done this recently as the CAAs goalposts ore on wheels!

CopterDoctor
2nd Mar 2014, 02:18
look up Lufthansa Technical Training school -its in England , and they specialize in B1 restrictions removal..:ok:

Tom Sawyer
2nd Mar 2014, 20:35
I got my 1 & 9 restrictions removed by doing an electrical handskills course covering both practical and theory elements. The problem is that this does not remove the restrictions from your type approvals on your licence. Only if you do a "technology update course" for that type will you get these removed. Of course, on your next type approval, if it is a full B1 course, that will be an unrestricted type approval if you have no 1 & 9 restriction on your licence.