PDA

View Full Version : AB412 cyclic slightly ticking L/R in turn

AB412_Leeuwarden
5th Feb 2014, 11:22
All,
We feel some cyclic movement, like slightly ticking left and right (max 3 per second and sometimes hardly noticeable) and only in turns.
In some cases an aircraft ticks more than average and it wonders me that it stops when switching off helipilot#1.
We fly 3 ships AB412 SP (3 axis).
Is there more experience with this ticking? Maybe somebody nows why it stops when switching off helipilot#1. To me it feels pretty normal but in some cases it is more severe.
Just wandering. Many thanks!

RVDT
5th Feb 2014, 15:19
Natuurlijk heb je je lokale Bell technische vertegenwoordiger gecontacteerd?

IMHO als je een vlucht controle probleem dat je niet kunt corrigeren zou ik praten met iemand die kan vóór de volgende vlucht!

;)

Amazing how people come here for technical answers to problems that should be dealt with in a more correct manner.

Start here:

Gary Morgan (Bell CSE)
Netherlands
44-758-431-8673

heloguy412
5th Feb 2014, 17:33
Either #1 Tarsyn or #2 inverter

hillberg
5th Feb 2014, 17:59
Swash plate support bearings ! Tickin in the turns a dead giveaway !

albatross
6th Feb 2014, 00:11
The turn signal system has been automatically activated. A little known Bell safety innovation. As you stop the turn the ticking will stop!
Devised by Bell specifically for older pilots living in Florida!

Seriously, however, I have no clue as to the cause.

Wiggins61
6th Feb 2014, 00:19
Send your glitch description to [email protected]

SASless
6th Feb 2014, 01:43
Albatross....there is a Caution note in the book about being careful to cancel the Signal periodically to prevent the complete loss of signal fluid.;)

TimdeBoer
6th Feb 2014, 13:48
Sorry can't help, but I'm wondering: why does the RNLAF asks for help on a forum like this?

thechopper
6th Feb 2014, 14:11
Maybe your mechanics can help with that:confused:
Some of these guys are quite clever, you know:ok:

hillberg
6th Feb 2014, 18:50
Try a pet shop, A Flea & Tic collar from Hertz Mountan ($13.99)

John Eacott
6th Feb 2014, 20:07
Sorry can't help, but I'm wondering: why does the RNLAF asks for help on a forum like this?

Maybe because there could be a lot of guys (and girls) reading Rotorheads who may have come across this fault and can share their knowledge? We don't all have the luxury of a crew room full of experience; Rotorheads has countless threads where obscure faults have been discussed and resolved.

I've a dim recollection that concurs with heloguy412's comment, #1 Tarsyn or #2 inverter. I've certainly had similar symptoms in a machine many, many years ago and the OP describes it well. Albeit in a manner that has obviously brought out the humour in a few posts :cool:

hillberg
7th Feb 2014, 04:03
You can swap plugs on the tarson #1 #2 and see if it follows , But my bet is the Swashplate support bearing/bolts comming apart, not good.:=

AB412_Leeuwarden
11th Feb 2014, 12:32
Problem dissapeared, checked everything (including swash plate supp bearings), Tarsyns etc.
No2 inverter was new for me.
Many thanks for all the input, just wandering if there was same experience (maybe in the past).
Greetz from Leeuwarden.:ok:

heloguy412
11th Feb 2014, 19:28
#2 Inverter was mentioned because it powers the #1 Autopilot and sometimes power coming out from either the 115 or 26.5 VAC side at the wrong HZ can cause autopilot problems.